• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you have a DVD drive on your design computer.

Does your primary or design computer have a DVD drive?

• Yes

Votes: 74 93.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters

njsigns

DVD burners on all of my machines, some have 2. Laptop has a DVD-Rom only. I now have a stack of CD-R drives waiting for eBay or a garage sale. Remember when DVD-R's cost $17 each, and the drives were $300? Now you can get a spool of DVD-R's for $30 and a DVD-RW drive for about the same...

Gene

WB

We have a portable bruner that way anyone can use it, also anyone that doesn't have a dvd drive on their computer can read DVD's need be. I would imagine or next set of computers will have dvd burners instead of the old cd burners.

a even better question is how many people stil have the 1.4 floppys!!!:Big Laugh

Rhinoz

Had 1 DVD burner in my backup computer for the last 5 years, single speed but is a trooper!
Have 1 16x Dual layer in the design computer.

rcook99

Yes, Just installed it as the last CD i picked up was a DVD format and was'nt paying attention. Had it open tried using it but &$%# it kept spitting it out, finally realized the problem went to the local office store and picked up and installed it now everything is Great.

Checkers

I bought into the DVD thing shortly after getting into digital printing. My old 667 mhz computer has a floppy, zip and dvd drive.
When most large format job files averaged 400 megs, it became difficult to back up completed jobs and the related info onto 1 CD. So, DVDs were the next logical step.
I can't wait to see what's next :)

Checkers

VinylLabs.com

yes, all my machines have dvd drives. I have around 8 machines, and the ones that do not have burners, have readers. my primary burners are both 16X, I have 2 8X's a 4X and a 2X.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The three newest computers at our shop have dual layer DVD+/-RW burners and DVD-ROM drives in the second optical drive bay. Most others have CD burners.

My 1 year old notebook has a dual layer DVD burner as well (purchased at a time when that was still a fairly expensive option).

Now that people are getting accustomed to DVD burners, and that most support both "+" and "-" formats, we can get ready to start this madness all over again.

HD-DVD and Blu-Ray burners will begin appearing in computers over the next few months.