• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you have a DVD drive on your design computer.

Does your primary or design computer have a DVD drive?

• Yes

Votes: 74 93.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It seems like DVD drives are becoming the current standard and are making plain CD drives obsolete. Does your main or design computer have a DVD drive?

Sabre

We burn archives/backups onto DVD so we have one in all machines here in the shop. The price on them is so low nowadays it's a cheap upgrade at the time of assembly.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes we just upgraded three machines. Bought NEC dual layer 16X drives at Tiger Direct for $38.00 each which included Nero software.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Every computer has a DVD burner and we burn our backups from the server. Some of our computers have a second reader also.

drakesis

I put DVD-RW drives in all my computers, I get alot of corporate companies sending dvd's with there logos on them.

Everything but the laptops gets 2 DVD burners. Optical devices have a high failure rate and therefore the redundancy helps avoid headaches of not being able to read a DVD - when you need it most.

anothersign

We have dvd drives in all 3 computers and i also have 200 GIG Seagate hdd's in both desktops along with there 160 GIGS.