• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you really need a phone # on your sign?

Marlene

hate phone numbers, LLC, Inc, and all that stuff too. only time I would be OK is if they have one of those numbers like 800-get-pizza as I can remember that and call without having to bother to look it up. I never called a business from a phone on a sign and don't think many others do either

jen.reelez

I've felt the same way for a long time, but sadly have always failed at convincing clients of this. Along with clients who insist I add the "www." (Or worse yet the http://), refuse to let me camel case websites on those hard to read or long websites, or want a # in front of a phone number... I will never understand these people.

That http:// thing on sign is a :Big Laugh

Maybe clients (esp. those whose business are not so famous) insist their number at the sign to keep reminding people about their contact info, regardless if people care to look at the the sign or not.

Business people really used to do anything when it comes to advertising their product, sometimes they tend to forget which of their strategies are effective in attracting more customers. :rolleyes:

Marlene

what's worse than a phone number? putting the word "call" in front of it. really, you need to tell people what to do with a phone number?

visual800

the only exceptions for a phone number is real estate, door information, magnets and or truck lettering. A nice classy sign in front of a business, No! on a pylon sign? No! A building sign identifies the business location, other lettering for the business can take care of the phone number

Gino

Premium Subscriber
what's worse than a phone number? putting the word "call" in front of it. really, you need to tell people what to do with a phone number?

How about a picture of an old time receiver....... or a vibrating telephone ?? phone ring.jpg

2B

the only exceptions for a phone number is real estate, door information, magnets and or truck lettering. A nice classy sign in front of a business, No! on a pylon sign? No! A building sign identifies the business location, other lettering for the business can take care of the phone number

+1

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
phone numbah

up here in bawston, you cant have one on yah sagn.

customers scream at me to which i point towards the sign behing me on the wall:
"shooting the messenger might result in a higher price"

-mosher

TammieH

I think with a Pizza shop a phone number can't hurt....have to drill it into their heads ya know.
I find it strange when people want me to put their email address on a truck or sign.... a web site is fine, but Ronald.shlongbonger@hotmail.com just doesn't do it for me

+1

Any business like a Pizza Restaurant or say Chinese Take-Out, that receives most of their business by phone, why not?

AnthonyRalano

I was just conversating about this topic the other day. Why is the phone number put on a tshirt. How many times have we actually said, hey can you turn around so I can call the number on the back of your shirt? Who are they again? I couldn't see because of the compromised letter height due to the limited liability company protruding out at the end. I saw a pizza place once that had the number FRE-BEER and everyone in town remembered that one. I think if it is too much information to remember and the info is not needed on hand then it can become clutter. Ok, I am going to drink a Pepsi, LLC now but first I have to drive my Ford Motor Company vehicle, founded June 16, 1903, to the store. I hope you guys know what company I am talking about. Sorry I couldn't find their 10" qr code anywhere.

Mosh

What about 2 phone numbers, a cell nuumber, a fax number and an e-mail on a sign or shirt......