Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.


  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you sale your "juice"

Discussion in 'Materials' started by slappy, Jul 19, 2012.

  1. slappy

    slappy Very Active Member

    May 31, 2005
    rapid prep, tac or remover? or iso 70%.... just wondering.

    I've had people want to buy some off me, and i'm considering to sale it by so many fl. oz. and get a few small bottles to keep here to resale.

    just wondering if any of you do.

  2. Gino

    Gino Premium Subscriber

    Jun 7, 2006
    I've had people ask to buy all kinds of stuff from us and I have one answer for all of it...... NO CAN DO.

    These are chemicals which are distributed among our industry and although there probably isn't anything in it that can really hurt you.... I can't for legal reasons.

    Should you ingest or perhaps your kid ingest or someone use it in a wrongly fashion, I could be held responsible for selling it to you without proper licensing.

    If they need it, let them open a sign shop and get it from your distributor. I know for the most part, some things won't matter, but in our case, we just have a flat across the board policy of not re-selling product.
  3. Pat Whatley

    Pat Whatley Major Contributor

    Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    We tried that once. We bought 4 dozen two ounce spray bottles, filled them all with Rapid Tac, printed our own labels for them and tried to sell them for $6.50 each. We weren't making much on them after figuring in the spray bottle cost, the cost of the Rapid Tac, the labels and the time it took to fill them....and explain to the customer how to use it.

    Might have sold a dozen of them. Ended up just hiding the cost in larger print jobs and giving them to the customer for "free".

    If you want to do it you might want to check with Rapid Tac directly. I think I remember somebody mentioning that they were buying the sample sized bottles directly from Rapid Tac so they could resell them.
  4. slappy

    slappy Very Active Member

    May 31, 2005
    i've had guys that buy accesories here and want to install it themselves like chrome abs plastic accent pieces or stainless accents over existing mirrors, handles, rocker panels etc on their vehicles. (not just sign material)
    the manufactures on these products normally slip in like 2-3 little "wet wipe" alcohol wipes that normally dry out too quick to clean the area where the product is going. these would be the people i'm selling the little bottles to so they can install these with properly cleaning it first. just an idea i guess.
  5. StarSign

    StarSign Active Member

    Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    we sell the smaller bottles of Tac no problem. We have plenty of customers that apply the decals themselves and love it.
  6. Suz

    Suz Very Active Member

    Apr 9, 2010
    The Great Northwest
    I have loaned them my sample bottles of rapid tac when they asked how to apply. I've thought about selling it in my shop to those who want to buy it, but have not really bothered with that yet. Most of them know they can use a regular spray bottle with water and drop of dish soap to wet apply. I tell them they are on their own though if they mess it up. I do application for a fee but if you want to save the small fee I charge for that, you have to buy the decals again if you mess them up.
  7. ChicagoGraphics

    ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

    Feb 27, 2007
    I sell the quart bottles for what I pay for a gallon.
  8. you are sooo hick....

  9. FireSprint

    FireSprint Merchant Member

    Put a few drops of dish soap in some water and sell a 1oz bottle of that for $4.99


    Seriously though. It works and you don't have to worry too much about chemicals.

    Back when we did vinyl, I would just give close customers a small bottle of app fluid (the commercial stuff) and a squeegee. Didn't cost me hardly anything and helped them out. If they are not going to pay for the instal anyway, you might as well keep them happy.
  10. wildside

    wildside Very Active Member

    Aug 28, 2005

    similar, we tell them the truth :Big Laugh, that a gallon of the industrial adhesive remover costs about $150 a gallon, but we will do them a favor and fill their little spray bottle for just $50.... to help them out ya know.....
  11. Bigdawg

    Bigdawg Just Me

    Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Yep, we sell Rapid Remover, but mostly to our fleet accounts. They want to save money by removing old graphics themselves? You betchya I'd rather have them do it than us!
  12. slappy

    slappy Very Active Member

    May 31, 2005

    :thumb: i like that idea
  13. john1

    john1 Guest

    haha isn't that true!

    I have had customers ask and i just give them a small bottle if i have one handy. Back about 5 years ago the sign expos used to give away rapid tac tiny bottles. I would give those to those customers or if i used one and it was empty i would refill then give to the customer.

    Anymore people haven'y been asking and if they want to install it i usually tell them well if i install it yes it's more but you won't have to pay for it twice when you mess up.

    Giving or selling a bottle of application fluid to a customer isn't that big of a deal. I mean hell, Driving in traffic gagging on the person 2 cars ahead of your vehicles cigarette is worse then smelling some rapid tac for a decal install.
  14. TyrantDesigner

    TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

    Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    I sell rapid remover, and rapid tac to customers that want to do the diy install jobs (or have to cause their truck/bike/whatever is 3 hours away) ... i just get plastic containers that are chemical resistant and split it into quarts and just sell at cost + $10 to cover my time. they want sprayers, they can get their own. I just label as 'adhesive remover' and 'application fluid'
  15. signage

    signage Major Contributor

    Oct 5, 2005
    Slappy down this way the truck accessory companies do not give or sell the items/products they use to install the parts they sell. They would rather install them and make more money, or resell a replacement to the customer that wants to try to do themselves.
    Just a thought for running a more profitable business.
  16. 401Graphics

    401Graphics Very Active Member

    i sell 8oz bottles of sureglide from signwarehouse for a couple bucks more than what it costs me.
  17. eahicks

    eahicks Very Active Member

    Apr 17, 2012
    First off, I don't "sale" anything to anyone. I "sell" them things.

    Second....I don't sell anything that I purchased to make signs. People call all the time wanting a piece of coro for their kid's guinea pig or a sheet of plywood so they can hand paint a sign.Once I mark it up to what we want for it, they complain about the price. I tell them we are not a wholesale sign supply, but we buy our stuff from several. Start a sign business and you can buy this stuff all day long.
  18. Border

    Border Very Active Member

    Feb 8, 2007
    Shirley, this gonna make a mess!

    :Big Laugh

    Attached Files:

  19. TyrantDesigner

    TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

    Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    Meh! ... if they are going to install graphics themselves ... I would rather sell them a marked up bottle of rapid remover than see them run to home despot to get goo gone (which is fine) or another chemical that can make things more difficult for me later on if they decide to do it themselves and change their minds ... and get me to do it instead.

    Good Idea though ... if they are going to screw up some graphics, rapid tac and rapid remover won't prevent them from doing that. AND ... since I already factor install into my pricing so people don't try to knit pick the price ... if they need a replacement ... they are in essence paying it again.
  20. IV

    IV Member

    Jul 21, 2011
    I agree with Gino.....

    Hello all: Please consider when you repackage/modify/dilute and distribute the manufacturer's product that is not in the original form that was received, you take on additional liability. Sounds harmless enough to repackage/breakdown and/or dilute and sell but the labels that come with the original material, Material Safety Data Sheets, etc. is different when you modify and can put more risk upon you and your company. See the 2nd, 3rd and 5th bullet in the link below:


Share This Page