• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you use QR codes?

fresh

We put a QR code on our van, if for no other reason than we look like we are following current technological trends.

We've done a bunch for our clients, and honestly you can easily upsell... Charge them $20-$50 for a code on their signs. It only takes a minute to use a code generator.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We see alot of QR Codes on signs we print for our clients. Not sure if they are a fad or not, but I think they surely can be useful.

They work as a great "linking" tool, linking products or items in the real world to specific webpages. They are fantastic on packaging or print catalogs because a consumer can use their phone to gather more information or watch a video about the product they are thinking about purchasing.

We'll be adding something like this to our catalog in the future. A great way to link to templates, product videos, idea guides, etc.

Most importantly though, we're in the business of helping our customers get more business. It's important to realize the potential of this and other media tools to help our customers get the attention they need. Don't worry about whether or not you should have one. Do your customers need to be using QR codes?

binki

From a marketing perspective that big white square with little black squares in it draws attention and it is right next to our phone number.

While we did see one person scan the code right after we installed it the larger purpose was twofold:
1) add another free avenue to find us
2) draw attention to us

For the effort we put into it if we get one new customer it paid off.

WildWestDesigns

QR codes are versatile and they are neat. I just don't know how many people actually use it though. None of my customers know what it is.

I do have it setup in Corel to generate 3 types of codes. WWW, email, and just text.