• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does all reflective vinyl cost an arm & a leg?

signguy 55

Short answer, yeah.

Charge accordingly. For the record I've had good success with Oracal reflective. Won't cost you an arm and a leg, maybe just the leg, but still works good.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Yes it is expensive, be sure to charge accordingly. I'd estimate at any time we have around 50 rolls of reflective in stock....
We primarily only use 3M reflective, but also have some oddball colors that are only available from other manufacturers to match certain fleets.

Wait until you price IJ680CR!!! fuggin expensive.

Billct2

We have been using 3M & Arlon engineer grade on vehicles for as long as I remember, never a problem.

Angela

So what do you guys think? The arm or the leg? I am gonna go with leg, seeing as though I am a graphic designer. Thanks for all of the input. I will let you know if I find this stuff for the cost of a pinky finger instead.

petepaz

we use nikkalite engineering grade that's the cheapest i have found and the quality is pretty good. you can digital print on it also.

Pat Whatley

Nikkalite is the easiest to apply reflective I've ever used and you can buy full rolls directly from the manufacturer for about 1/2 of what suppliers charge.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not knocking it, but it worked in the beginning for us, but for some reason.... all we started getting was so dang brittle, we gave up on it. That's a few years ago. Maybe they changed something.

OP...... if ya need it, ya gotta get it and then ya charge accordingly for it.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yup..... I just ordered 2 48"x50yd rolls this morning. We go through at least a roll a month of their M88512. Prints great, installs as well as any (other than 680CR), and costs far far less.

Nikkalite is the easiest to apply reflective I've ever used and you can buy full rolls directly from the manufacturer for about 1/2 of what suppliers charge.