• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

does anybody know what material this is?

GypsyGraphics

i spoke with a hexis rep just a few weeks ago, coulda sworn she said they JUST came out with a chrome version of their HX 30000, which is a multi-layered cast, air release, paint replacement type vinyl... although, i'm not seeing anything about it the quick search i just did.

mrfern

I was at HEXIS the other day and they have it or something real close to it. Call Mellisa at HEXIS CORONA.

mrfern

GypsyGraphics

mrfern

Not sure the name as I saw it on the wall they have in the lobby. It is very new for them and they are all out of samples :-(

mrfern:notworthy:

remix auto

I'm not exactly sure about the video, but see my avatar pics? These are done with 3M. But you'll need to do a layer of cast vinyl underneath, then put on the chrome vinyl.

Chrome vinyl are mostly hard and rigid than your average vinyl, we've tried several brand and 3M is comparatively the best at installation..I strongly advice that you put a cast vinyl underneath to protect the surface on your first try.

COOKY

Thanks for the honest reply. Which 3m product do you recommend and does it need laminating or a protective cover while installing to stop scratches

AUTO-FX

If it needs protection during installation, it sounds like it will be susceptable to scratching during cleaning and "use". So my question is , how durable is it? Is this a film best left for show cars or special events?

Nickg

Hi all,

While we don't source this specific substrate, the Summa DC4 has the ability to print a mirror finish silver on to 3M control-tac and many other types of media. The finished product looks very similar to the wrap being applied in the video. If you have any questions about this process, feel free to give me a call.

Nick Garras
Direct Sales
Summa USA
1-800-527-7778 x 137

VinylLabs.com

Hi all,

While we don't source this specific substrate, the Summa DC4 has the ability to print a mirror finish silver on to 3M control-tac and many other types of media. The finished product looks very similar to the wrap being applied in the video. If you have any questions about this process, feel free to give me a call.

Nick Garras
Direct Sales
Summa USA
1-800-527-7778 x 137

I watched the DC4 on youtube and fell in love :loveya:

probably costs an arm and a leg though