• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone Laminate Banner?

Power T Graphix

It sounds totally absurd to me to laminate banner, but I do have 4 customers that use these banners for concessions at Places like Sturgis and such and I need to give them something that will last. But while looking through the Advanced Sign Supply Catalog I saw Banner Laminate. Can you use regular cast laminate on something like that. Just curious.

Thanks

Travis Kitts

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I've done it in the past to change the finish from matt to gloss when I didn't have the needed glossy banner material.
Worked fine.

wayne k
guam usa

Pat Whatley

Vendors at stuff like that should be replacing them at least once a year, anyway. Banners are cheap. Don't laminate them, you're not really saving them anything.

HulkSmash

Laminating banners is like washing your hands after using the bathroom - you can do it but not necessary.

2B

Laminating banners is like washing your hands after using the bathroom - you can do it but not necessary.

:noway: EWW that just nasty!!! surely this is a typo!?

to answer the original question. laminating banner is basically pointless, we don't suggest, and tell them that laminating is NOT got to make this a permanent signage. HOWEVER, if the customer is willing to pay by all means they get what they pay for.

DarbySign

If I want to be sure that a banner won't get scratched up too quickly, I apply a coat of ClearStar original with a 6" foam roller.

HulkSmash

Even though im kidding, with my original statement. People who are germ freaks get sick more than anyone i know.

just food for thought.

R08

What if the door opens in?

I use the paper towel that I used to dry my hands with. If there isn't one I use my sleeve. Another option is to wait till someone comes in.

In not germophobic (my dad was...r.i.p. ) but when you realize just how many people don't wash their hands it'll make anybody a little leary.

2B

I use the paper towel that I used to dry my hands with. If there isn't one I use my sleeve. Another option is to wait till someone comes in.
when you realize just how many people don't wash their hands it'll make anybody a little leary.

+1

CanuckSigns

if you think about it, there has got to be more germs on your hands than on your "member", so if anything you should wash your hands before you go to the bathroom :p