• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone offer full vehicle detailing services?

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
We are getting closer to moving and we are going to add vehicle detailing as a service. The location site is perfect and already set up for that so it will be a great new income generator that we can capitalize on. I know a lot of shops offer this service or include a cleaning with a graphics package and we plan to offer something to our customers as well.
We have had such good feedback about offering this service that we think we can build it into it's own little (or big) business in time.
I was just wondering if anyone out there does this and how did you handle the business side of things?
We currently use Estimate for most of our sign shop Quoting and Invoicing. I use that and Quickbooks for bookkeeping. I am thinking about how to best integrate the new service. We are pretty meticulous about our sign shop records for each customer order and I want to continue that with the detailing . I want to have a file for my customer so when they come back in, the guys or myself can quickly look up the customer and the car with notes about the vehicle and past services etc. However, I am not sure of the best way to go about it. I want to avoid too much clutter in my sign shop database with detailing customers but I don't know how to really separate them either.
There will be graphics customers that also have detailing work done. And there will be detail customers with no sign work done.
Do I do run to separate systems? Do I integrate? If a customer has graphics customer has detail work done do I create 2 separate invoices? I will have to create 2 separate customer folders at the very least....you get the idea!

Any thoughts or light bulb ideas would be much appreciated! Sometimes, the business side of things gets put aside for lots of different reasons. But this time I think it is important to clarify my plan. In a few short weeks we are going to be crazy with moving and I want to have as many things in place as I can to ease the transition.

Oh and to whomever reads this-Merry Christmas! Yep I am working at midnight on Christmas Eve lol!

Techman

create separate invoices. IF the dude is not happy with the graphics and tries to do a charge back ,,, it will not allow you to lose the entire payment for the job.

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
  1. Well true I guess, but honestly I don't get many unhappy graphics customers. If they are unhappy. I make it right. Simple as that. I was really asking more about software and database filing. We will essentially be adding a new business within a business and I am looking for input as to how to keep everything straight. Both for ease of use for all staff as well as for my bookkeeping side of it.