• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone recognize this horse logo?

Pat Whatley

I know I've seen it before and I'm pretty sure it's either a school or a company logo. I'm fairly certain that the "designer" who charged my customer for it didn't create it.

Does anyone recognize this?

Attachments

• plow horse.jpg
    plow horse.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 59

xxaxx

First thing that came to mind was merrill lynch but thats a bull ... google seach by image doesn't recognize it. If you need to recreate it a simple live trace should do it perfectly.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Nope. Position of the gait is all wrong. Doesn't convey a gaited horse.

A Walker has three hooves on the ground at all times when in its fast walk. That and the fact that contestants at the Walker Celebration like to sore the front legs so as to get the horses to step high like that -- made me think of the TW.

But yeah, I think you're right - the legs aren't in the right position. But then again, maybe the "designer" just didn't get it right...

<edit> In fact, the only horses gaited like the the illustration are harness racers, yes? Maybe the designer *did* get it wrong...

Pat Whatley

I got vector art from my customer, I just don't want to sell him a $750 stainless steel horse logo for his building if it's somebody else's logo and will come back to bite him later.

WildWestDesigns

A Walker has three hooves on the ground at all times when in its fast walk. That and the fact that contestants at the Walker Celebration like to sore the front legs so as to get the horses to step high like that -- made me think of the TW.

You might be thinking of a Missouri Fox Trotter, but that's still wrong position. More then likely the designer did get it wrong. Not a whole lot go in for the different horse breeds. I just spend a life time ago in the equine industry (and still involved to a degree).

Not supposed to any more. There are a lot of things wrong with that breed association, but I digress.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Not supposed to any more. There are a lot of things wrong with that breed association, but I digress.

To digress just a tad more, Pepsi just pulled their sponsorship of the Celebration because of this issue.

To repeat myself though, the leg position makes me think of a harness racer...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Soooooo..... Pat, since no one really can identify real or from cartoon-land, it would seem it is safe to use it at this point.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If it's an EPS or AI file, you can open it in Notepad or Wordpad and read the opening lines of the header which may tell you the name of the individual or company to whom the copy of the program is registered.