• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Mamaki Print Greys?

gabagoo

Thanks, but the problem is not with the way the tests are lit. There are multiple color casts in the printing of any greyscale material. I assure you that they are not slight either.

-andreas

sorry Hex but I was answering the question posted at the start of this thread lol. I have no idea what your printing problem is let alone understand any of it lmfao sorry

TheSnowman

Love my Mimaki, but, can't print grey for the life of me sometimes. It's a crap shoot, just depends on the file.

bbeens

Hexagram-

I would look at the linearization curves applied to your rip settings. Also, if you could test the configurations with and without the ICC profile applied you could tell where the problem is being introduced. If the color shift is evident without the ICC then most likely your linearization curves are the cause. If not then the ICC is the next likely cause.

If you have a current version of Softrip check out the test file we ship with each install. It should be found in a folder /psfiles/ in the same drive you install Softrip. The file is named 'generaltest018eyeone.ps - this test file has an area that is very helpful in checking for neutral greys during profiling.

Also, if your service contact is current you can give me a call.

800-683-8214

Bryan