• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does this work?

Malkin

Just a though, might not pan out in practice... but try putting the Capital "C" right inside that negative space in the countertop, and then make the slants match it. The C inside a sort of C shape will possibly help reinforce the alliterative nature of the name.

steeltech

Attachments

• corner2.jpg
    corner2.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:

Marlene

the pacman thing is really awful looking. your first idea with the font you used in pacman, don't try to be cute and make a "c" out of a corner and it would look a lot better.

Jillbeans

I'm not a huge fan of a literal layout.
I am also not a fan of the angles in your first version nor the slants.
Here is the first thing that came to mind (on top, I know it's kind of sucky but years ago I saw a retro sign for a "Corner Cafe" and always liked it)
The bottom is with a nice script, with kind of a suggested counter top in the border.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 106

signmeup

I thought the pacman thing was a joke. You're not seriously considering it?! (John has a pretty good sense of humor)

Steeltec came up with a nice solution in post 24 that no one seemed to acknowledge...

Marlene

Steeltec came up with a nice solution in post 24 that no one seemed to acknowledge...

I don't know about anyone else, but all I can see is the thumbnail, purple on black so I can't really see much and when I click on it to make it open, all I get is a timer that just keeps going but on load of the image. maybe that is why people haven't made a comment on it as I know I am having issues seeing it.

If I was the "Butto" the joke, that't fine, I liked his idea.

when you you liked it, why? (I'm not being a jerk) I don't see it as working. it crowds the entire image and clutters it up rather than being a helpful way to convey the message. literal images are OK but I, like Jill am not a big fan of that unless it really helps the message. if this is going on a truck/van and I see it on the road or parked at a job site, how would the pacman help me to understand the business and decide if I want to give them a call? your first design that had a line that formed and hinted at being a countertop but also worked as an underline made sense. it wasn't bad. the fonts and the trying to use it as the letter "c" was bad, but the overall idea wasn't all horrible.