• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does your sign company have a website?

Does Your Company Have a Website?

• Yes

Votes: 172 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 42 19.6%

• Total voters

Ken

Thanks to Fred or whoever actually took the time to post the voting section to the top of this thread.
It seems that most signshops/designers do have a website ( darn near 80 percent) So, I guess I better get with it... I'll let you know when I'm up and running with it.
Thanks to all who voted. Please continue to vote.
Ken

masterdesigns

Definitely have a website; mine is used primarily to receive files from customers, post proofs and most important is to increase image/professionalism. Most businesses have a website of some sort, without one, customers may view you as a hobby etc.

Only been up and working it for a couple of months, but feedback is positive; really helps with word of mouth.

Bob

iSign

About 8 years ago I traded 2 pair of magnets for a web guy to build me a template to my specs & write up the code for 6 navigation buttons to go to undesigned page names I specified.

Then I spent close to 100 hours learning the basic code required to make the 6 sections, many of which are 2 or more pages within themselves.

The whole thing paid for itself & then some... when about 1 year later, an architect in California stumbled on my site searching for "cubicle signs" & found what I did as part of a smallish architectural signage package over here in ther islands. He was working with a 50 employee sign company in California, & specified that he wanted the "EXACT" cubicle sign on my website... so that big company ordered 75 of those signs from me. I ordered them from Scott Signs (probably in California:tongue: ) & I had them shipped to me to do a quick quality controll looksee & then rebox them with my return address. I made about $6K on that.

Last edited:

iSign

yeah... I remember when I took the call I was still a one man show, but I always said "we" or "our company" ...and when we were done with the deal, I remember I just had to ask how bid of a sign company they (Arrow Sign Co.)were. When he said 50 people I, just said "hmmm, ok" ...but I was thinking "&%#!@" :Cool 2:

Karen Souza

I had Dan Antonelli do my site for me about 6-7 years ago. His company(he's become very sucessful!) just did an update of my galleries and added some flash to my opening page. It has been an invaluable tool for me to have new customers to view the site to see the type of work I do and the process I use for new customers. It saves alot of time when (and IF) they come for the first meeting because they have some idea of what they may like for design and how I do business. It will also help me to expand new services I may do for customers and products I may offer to other tradespeople in the future. It is definately worth the effort & expense! www.cranberrysigncraft.com
Karen

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
In spite of the now dated & messy & amateurish site, ours been a good sales tool, and a credibility creator, and has been worth it. I have done basic websites for others, and am embarrassed ours isn't updated, but will be soon!

Eternal GraphX

I have one for Eterna GraphX

www.eternalgraphx.com

I designed it all, and free from Office Live (Microsoft). Of course there are limits as to what you can do, but take a look for yourself and I can honestly say that I love my website!

Hooby

Richard Flint

It's a great marketing tool!

There's no better way of promoting your sign business than having a well designed, easy to navigate website with photos of your work.

After all, we're in a visual business. Don't just tell 'em about what you can do...show 'em!

www.flintsigns.com

We've had ours for about 6-7 yrs. Works for us!

choucove

Our company has a temporary website in place, but it has been a disaster working to get a completed and professional-looking website going for the past two years. Being out in the middle of nowhere, it's very hard to find someone able to build a website for our business. When your business is all about design, you have to have a well-designed website that shows your work well, and finding someone around here who can do that is just about impossible!

Even with a website in place, I'm not too sure how much it would "boost business" as most of our business is because we have been very long established in the area with a long tradition of connection with our customers. The website instead may be more for references and a localized gallery of what we can do.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The beauty of the internet is that you can reach out far beyond the physical limits of your own local community. You just have to adjust the way you communicate with others. If you've had a website floundering away for two years because you can't find someone to work face to face with you, perhaps it's time to let go of that notion and use the internet's power to get your website properly designed and working for you.

tommythesignguy

We have one that I threw together... Threw together, but, it does give a bit of legitimacy. It came with our internet services.Thanks for reminding me that I have somethung else that has "got" to be done in my spare time! --- just not until I finish this next beer - or two!:beer

P

ProWraps™

our site brings in about 90% of our biz. we use ADWORDS from google to market it. pays for itself in one job and then some. we will never waste money on a yellow page ad. i have thrown every phone book away that was left on my door for the past 10 years. times have changed. we also use craigslist to get a ton of biz. learn how to keep from getting "ghosted". i can help you if you need. its a great free tool that has gotton us a schload of biz.

best advice i can give, is if you cant create, or have created a professional site, you are better off without one. this is a design biz, if you cant present design in every medium, you will be taken serious in none.

choucove

Having anyone able to do our website would be a great benefit for us, not just someone who can be here face-to-face. It's just impossible to find anyone able to do so. My father is the one that actually owns our business and he had to get his brother all the way out in California to actually get something put up because he's the only one who had the tools and most key, the know-how to build it. Out here, there's no call for expertise in website design (they don't even teach it in school really, I tried to take it before I graduated a few years back!)

I would love to get a new website with a much nicer look up and going, and if I had the free time beyond attending college and trying to manage all of the business's computers from five hours away, then I would. But I also know that I don't really have all the necessary understanding and skill of webpage design to create what they need.