• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Donating equipment to the greatest cause

S

Stan B

We are upgrading our vinyl cutting equipment and will no longer need our Graphtec FC5100-150 (54 inch model). It's all good and working, with catch basket, original packaging, CD and manual.

One possibility is to sell it.

Another possibility to donate it to some sort of charity / organization, there it will really make big difference for people in real need. Or donate it to the people who will help people in need for no or very little profit.

Any suggestions what can be done with this cutter to make a small difference in this world?

ATXsigns

Micro: Sell it at a great price for an upcoming sign shop so someone can feed their growing family?

Macro: Donate it to a community college graphics program.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Start a new section on the forum here and see if any Newbies will take it off your hands...............

d fleming

If you decide to donate, give it to a vocational program either at secondary or post secondary level. High school vocational budgets are pitiful and they need all the help they can get. These programs are also a great source of enthusiastic, affordable part time labor as well. Here in Florida you can take the entire purchase price for a write off, not just fair market value. I was at an advisory council meeting at my local vocational center just yesterday talking with the state and federal level administration about what these programs are lacking and need to furnish our industry qualified apprentices and not just churn out kids who know how to layout a business card in cs3 or a beginner level web page. They need all the tools they can get their hands on and it might just come back as a benefit to you.

J Hill Designs

I really need a larger plotter - just got a 64" printer, and my 24" plotter is not sufficient to say the least rofl. donate it to me!!

j/k, but what would you be asking?

slappy

i'd sell it and donate the money. Who knows if the person your donating it to wouldn't turn around and sell it themselve's for getting it for free? You seem too trusting. The college was a good idea somewhat also. But that may be your future competitors.

Pat Whatley

The problem with donating it is it won't take long for somebody to start selling dirt cheap signs they make on the side with it. Sell it and donate the money....the money will be more useful in the long run.

jscarl

A while back a tornado wiped a member of S101 out. Might hang on to it in case a similar situation happens again. Then donate it to him. The last time Air art Girl took up a colection for shipping and sent a plotter out to him. Nice way to help apeople in need out. Maby Fred might know someone now.

binki

Donate it to that church that needs 1000 feed the children banners so he can stop bugging us.

rgaskins

Donate it to that church that needs 1000 feed the children banners so he can stop bugging us.

I know it sounds bad but I'm gonna heve to agree on this one...I had a church walk in the other day and asked if I could help them out with a fund raiser for a child in need, I said sure I would print them a banner for free to help out...Then they asked how much would I charge for four more just like it...I gave them a KILLER deal to help them out...Next they told me wow, I guess we will get the free ones from Pepsi and write on them..But we will take the free one....:banghead: