• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dongle Duplication/Cloning ?

Replicator

Anyone know of a company that duplicates/clones Dongles ?

I move them between computers so much now it makes me nervous not to have backups !

I can't find any place online that offers this service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated . . . !

cOrKinSA

Hey while your at it. Do you know anyone that prints real looking money. I use it here and there so much I'd hate to lose the real one I have!
J/K but goodluck!

Joe Diaz

I have a insurance rider on my dongles. Silly who knows but at 10k to replace them it seems o.k. to me.
Actually I think that is a good idea. I would avoid trying to make copies of dongles. That sounds like that might be border line illegal. I don't know for sure, but better safe then sorry, right? I personally try to avoid products that require dongles. Not trying to be negative, but if I’m shopping for a product, a dongle is a huge turnoff for me. (That last part sounds kind of dirty, I’m not sure why. :rolleyes:)

S

SignTech

I take good care of my dongle .... but would choose no dongle in the future.

I doubt you can dup these ....

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
blondie.gif
Is a big dongle better than a small dongle?

Joe Diaz

I always heard, "it's not the size of dongle that counts, it's how long it works" ahhhhh sooo cheeeezzzyyyy

SignBurst PCs

I thought about duplicating my dongle...

Insuring my dongle might be a good idea too... It sure is worth more than 10k to me.

Once you lose your dongle, it sure is hard to find it again, especially if it is a small dongle. If you find yourself losing your dongle frequently, keep your dongle away from cold water! I heard this is a common reason for losing them.

Joe Diaz

I thought about duplicating my dongle...

Insuring my dongle might be a good idea too... It sure is worth more than 10k to me.

Once you lose your dongle, it sure is hard to find it again, especially if it is a small dongle. If you find yourself losing your dongle frequently, keep your dongle away from cold water! I heard this is a common reason for losing them.

LOL, or.... consult your technician if your dongle is experiencing fatigue.... That's you right? :ROFLMAO:

SignBurst PCs

LOL, or.... consult your technician if your dongle is experiencing fatigue.... That's you right? :ROFLMAO:

If your dongle is experiencing ED (Electronic Disfunction), then take two of these little purple pills. If you haven't found your dongle within 30 minutes, consult your doctor.

And, I am sorry for your loss.

curtrnev

If you use your dongle for more than 4 hours do you have to call your doctor or just find someone else that needs more design work.:biggrin:

sarge

the idea behind the dongle is 1 computer 1 software .. if you want to run your software on more then 1 computer you get a site license .. what your wanting to do is software pirating .. highly illegal .. you can look at it this way .. you spent allot of time and effort to do a layout for signs for a new business .. gave your pitch and the guy took your samples to a low baller .. you get zero the low baller gets your work .. that is how i look at software pirating .. no difference .. all that work for someone to steal it

Last edited:

SignBurst PCs

the idea behind the dongle is 1 computer 1 software .. if you want to run your software on more then 1 computer you get a site license .. what your wanting to do is software pirating .. highly illegal

Awe Sarge. Stop being so immature and taking things out of context!:doh: LOL

Techman

he idea behind the dongle is 1 computer 1 software .. if you want to run your software on more then 1 computer you get a site license .. what your wanting to do is software pirating .. highly illegal

The idea behind getting a second dongle is so someone can run his machine at home or at the office but not both. Almost everyone here cannot use the software in both places at the same time. Thus it is one computer being at a time.

cOrKinSA

This is my Dongle
There are many like it but this one is mine
My Dongle is my best friend
It is my life
I must master it as I must master my life
Without me, my Dongle is useless
Without my Dongle I am useless
I must store my Dongle true
I must vector straighter than my enemy
who is trying to out design me
I must out print him before he out prints me
I will
Before Signs101 I swear this creed
my Dongle and myself are defenders of my business
we are the masters of our enemy
we are the saviors of my life
So be it
until there is no other shop
but mine
Amen.​
Full Metal Grommet

sarge

then if it was that easy why not get another dongle from the software vendor .. i understand stealing software has been a practice for many years .. but when you are one of those engineers writing the software you don't think it is so immature .. i have left my dongle at home many times .. it really ticks me off .. but it is life