• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Don't bother if you're married to OEM Ink

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I didn't see Solaris ink comparison stats.
From experience...I've been running Solaris through my printer WITHOUT any start up cost to switch from OEM and not all the problems that supposedly all the 3rd party inks cause.
I do save around $55 per cartridge. Great Color, life expectancy seems to be the same as OEM (yellow seems better actually)

I agree...it's just a sales pitch if it's coming from the people who benefit from selling it.

signs20

Some Third-Party Inks Are Great!

We thoroughly evaluated 3rd party inks - spent about 1 year doing it. We were interested in several things:

1. Sealed ink bag system, so there can be no evaporation of the solvents which could change the viscosity of the ink and cause head failures.

2. The solvents used. Check the MSDS for the OEM against the 3rd party ink. Bordeaux uses the same solvents as Mimaki. Others may also.

3. Durability. Bordeaux was the only 3rd party manufacturer who was willing to provide us with comparative Weatherometer data for their inks. All ink manufacturers should show proof of their outdoor durability instead of just making claims.

4. Scratch Resistance. You can check this out for yourself.

With all of the evidence in, we finally decided on Bordeaux and it has been a good decision. We have had no problems in any of the areas that concerned us. And we don't work for Bordeaux! Check out other inks - they may be fine too.

Z SIGNS

Premier,
Your claims as a vendor sound exuberant.

I am curious.

How do you determine the cause of a faulty print head ,what is the diagnostic procedure and
who makes the call as to why it failed ?

I wonder what the Epson people or any techs would have to say about your claims.

Where is Artbot ?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Simple

Consider compatible ink - Read on
Not - move on

Here is the savings break down for 1 set of four 440ml ink cartridge

440ml from factory $120.00 ( some pay $130), each ml is $0.27
1000ml from us $84.00, each ml is $0.08

$35.20 ($0.08 * 440) vs $120. Almost you buy one OEM cartridge equals to four Bordeaux cartridge. If you use a set a month, you save about $339.20.

What would you do with addition $339.20 each month?

Give us a call if you're interested. Give us a call if you are not interested.

949-209-7306

Premier Colour, Inc

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Premier,
Your claims as a vendor sound exuberant.

I am curious.

How do you determine the cause of a faulty print head ,what is the diagnostic procedure and
who makes the call as to why it failed ?

I wonder what the Epson people or any techs would have to say about your claims.

Where is Artbot ?

We will be more than happy to provide a set of ink cartridge to the gentleman (Artbot).

We recently flew to AZ to convert one Mutoh Valuejet 1624 to Bordeaux ink. Installation was 30 minutes, we stayed one night to make sure everything is fine before we left the town. They placed an order of 40L immediately. That covers our flight and cost. We have no problem to fly to your shop to make conversion - as long as your initial order is coverable to our flight and cost.

Warranty written by Bordeaux.
http://www.c-m-y-k.com/support/print-head-warranty/

nate

Now i'm even more suspicious of you as a vendor.

Could you just please answer my questions ?

Although I've never purchased ink from francis, I have purchased other things, and he is a great guy to deal with. So I can vouch for him as a vendor.

Now regarding inks-- it's very simple. If you want to save some money and you print enough, everything works out in your favor. Bordeaux, Triangle and solaris are all tope notch ink manufacturers. Each runs hotter in solvent than the OEM stuff-- so get ready for a smell, but each will work well in your machines. No questions asked.

Now, is there more wear and tear? I'd say so, but i you're printing a lot and saving a lot you can afford to replace a print head more often. It's all in the savings. Now if you're printing an hour every other day, I'd stay away.

When we ere running Rolands, we made the decision from day one to run Solaris inks, and never had a problem. They were great and saved us a ton of money.

So whether or not francis can tell whether a head was ruined by ink or not is irrelevant to me. I was saving so much money that quite honestly it never mattered. And we never had to replace a head anyway in the 2 years we had those machines....

player

Bordeaux Digital Print Ink Ltd. (“Bordeaux”) warrants that during the Warranty Period (as defined below), the Products, when originally produced, packed and sealed by Bordeaux, stored, used and installed in strict accordance with the instructions of the respective Material Safety Data Sheet and Technical Data Sheet (“MSDS” and “TDS” respectively) relevant to each specific Product supplied by Bordeaux, shall substantially conform to the specifications set forth in the TDS (the “Warranty”).
Bordeaux Digital PrintInk™ warranty
If Bordeaux’s Products shall when stored, used and installed in strict accordance with the instructions of the respective MSDS and TDS respectively relevant to each specific Product supplied by Bordeaux, be proven by the Distributor to be the direct and sole cause of a print head breakdown during the initial warranty period of the original print heads therefore, which results in the cancellation of the equipment warranty for such print head or denial of service by the manufacturer, then Bordeaux shall compensate the Distributor for the percentage of life remaining of the print heads or the cost of repair, the lower of the two, subject to confirmation by Bordeaux of such damage. The foregoing obligation will only apply if:​

• Distributor has previously provided Bordeaux with the following:
    • Acceptable print samples (Nozzle Test Pattern) from the printer whose heads are subject to the Limited Warranty hereunder, both before installation of the Products (with the ink then installed in the printer) and after installation of the Products.
    • The age of the printheads/ channel before installation and history of the printheads/channel in billion shots/nozzle where applicable.
    • Serial number and purchase date of any printer in which the Product is to be installed.
    • Head ID numbers of all print heads of printers where the Product is to be installed.
  • Such damage is reported by Distributor to Bordeaux within two business days of the damage occurrence, via e-mail or facsimile with a written description of the damage and a completed form of a Print Heads Warranty Claim Form attached to this Warranty accompanied by the items requested therein to be supplied.Bordeaux reserves the right (but shall not be obligated) to inspect all print heads reported damaged and to perform an on site inspection with respect to any warranty claim submitted.
Bordeaux shall not be liable under this warranty and will have no obligation with respect thereto in case of any misuse or abuse, or unauthorized service, or use of the products not in strict accordance with the relevant MSDS, TDS or other instruction supplied by Bordeaux, or improper installation or storage, or if the alleged defect was caused by accident, fault, or negligence, fire, lightening or other hazard or any other causes external thereto.
Except as expressly provided above, Bordeaux hereby expressly disclaims and distributers waives any and all representations and warranties of any kind or nature, whether express, implied, statutory or arising by course of dealing or performance, usage in the trade or otherwise, including without limitation any warranties of title, non-infringements, suitability, merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
Guarantee against performance failure
Bordeaux’s sole obligation and liability under the Warranty shall be limited to either replacing the Product shown by Distributor as not conforming to the Warranty, or compensating the Distributor by way of credit applied towards future Product purchases from Bordeaux equal to the net price (not including VAT, freight, insurance, etc.) of such Product, as Bordeaux shall decide at its sole discretion, all subject to confirmation by Bordeaux of such non-conformity. The foregoing obligation will only apply if, within the Warranty Period, such non-conformity is reported as provided above and the non-conforming Products are returned toBordeaux with transportation charges pre-paid.​
Notification of Claim
Distributor shall immediately report to Bordeaux any claim that a Product does not conform to the TDS, via telephone, e-mail or facsimile, and Distributor will confirm that Bordeaux has received such claim. The claim shall contain a written description of the failure to conform to the TDS, in sufficient detail for such failure to be identified by Bordeaux. In reporting the claim the Distributor shall fill out and provide Bordeaux with the Non-Conformity Form attached to this Warranty.​
This Warranty does not cover Products, which have been provided free of charge or for testing purposes. THE REMEDIES STATED IN THIS WARRANTY CONSTITUTE BORDEAUX’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITY FOR BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY.

:help

Desert_Signs

We will be more than happy to provide a set of ink cartridge to the gentleman (Artbot).

We recently flew to AZ to convert one Mutoh Valuejet 1624 to Bordeaux ink. Installation was 30 minutes, we stayed one night to make sure everything is fine before we left the town. They placed an order of 40L immediately. That covers our flight and cost. We have no problem to fly to your shop to make conversion - as long as your initial order is coverable to our flight and cost.

Warranty written by Bordeaux.
http://www.c-m-y-k.com/support/print-head-warranty/

Bordeaux will never pay to replace a printhead. It says so right in their warranty.

Robert M

Bordeaux 220 cartridges for Rolands

If you have passed on trying Bordeaux inks because they only came in 440 ml cartridges, we now have them in 220ml cartridges for Roland Versacamm printers.

They are on our site www.solventinkjet.com

splizaat

He said if you buy 300 liter of ink "a month" he will put two printer in your shop free of charge.

It is no lie!

Bulk ink: $100 (per liter) x 300 liter = $30,000/month.

Cartridge: $87 (per 440ml) x 300 liter = $59,318.15/month

Cost difference: $29,318.15 per month

Desk top printer mfgs have been doing that for decades! Free or next to nothing printer, make money on consumables!

No he did not. That's why I quoted it before he changed it...he said buy 300 Liters, get a couple XC540. This guys is as shady as they come.

Lifer

Francis @ Premier ink is great to deal with.

I've been getting ink from Francis & PremierColour for the last year. I just run a 1204 and we're not super huge ink users - 13 Liters the last year. I was leery about going to 'bulk' inks from OEM - but even Signwarehouse started selling us cartridges with third party ink - which didn't always register in our printer. (Try getting an 'unrecognized ink' error in the middle of wrap - made my heart pound)

Francis was very helpful telling us how to set up our system, and said if I had any issues with the first order he'd take everything back. I did have one cartridge card reader break - and Francis overnighted a new one at no charge.

When I went online to reorder - and found that they had switched brands, I toyed with the idea of buying from another third party to save $20.00 / Liter, but in conversing with Francis -who replied to my emails within minutes - and the other ink seller - who let 14 hours lapse between each of 3 exchanges - I felt that the service was easily worth difference.

He also walked me through the printer menu so I can reset the counter and not have to continually purchase smartcards - another savings.

I understand Francis' position on proving that the inks were the culprit. I'm not sure how to alleviate your concerns there, but I do know that he has been reliable and honest dealing with me. (luke 16:10)

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I've been getting ink from Francis & PremierColour for the last year. I just run a 1204 and we're not super huge ink users - 13 Liters the last year. I was leery about going to 'bulk' inks from OEM - but even Signwarehouse started selling us cartridges with third party ink - which didn't always register in our printer. (Try getting an 'unrecognized ink' error in the middle of wrap - made my heart pound)

Francis was very helpful telling us how to set up our system, and said if I had any issues with the first order he'd take everything back. I did have one cartridge card reader break - and Francis overnighted a new one at no charge.

When I went online to reorder - and found that they had switched brands, I toyed with the idea of buying from another third party to save $20.00 / Liter, but in conversing with Francis -who replied to my emails within minutes - and the other ink seller - who let 14 hours lapse between each of 3 exchanges - I felt that the service was easily worth difference.

He also walked me through the printer menu so I can reset the counter and not have to continually purchase smartcards - another savings.

I understand Francis' position on proving that the inks were the culprit. I'm not sure how to alleviate your concerns there, but I do know that he has been reliable and honest dealing with me. (luke 16:10)

Thank you for the kind words.

We recently acquired an XR-640 two weeks ago. Bordeaux PR4 cartridges perform as good as OEM ink. So far we've owned almost every printer models of Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki for our in house testing. We know the machines and right aftermarket ink works.

If you are looking for aftermarket ink; don't get "THE" cheapest ink you could get then later on claiming all aftemarket ink is inferior. Do some research, read on signs101, references and tell us which type of aftermarket was giving you problem. Send us a message before you commit to buy an aftermarket ink. We will give you some references even you don't purchase from us. No pressure; we're here to help.

Buy from a trusted signs101 merchant member since 2010. 14 days money back guarantee on all of our products except "printheads".

premier colour
Part, stand, medias, inks & support

InstantOneMedia

This is exactly what happened to us. We switched to Triangle who picked up the manufacturer's warranty, but after the print head failed 6 months later (6 months before warranty period ended), they claimed it was a print head issue and wouldn't pay for the print head. Then the new head failed 3 weeks after replacement, but when we flushed the system and switched back to OEM, problem solved. That being said, with our volume, the amount of money we save using Triangle instead of OEM, we can afford to replace the head every other month and still save money. Just have to decide if it's worth the aggravation and time.

I'm not trying to start anything here, but can you elaborate on what you consider "solid proof"? I've always assumed that if something goes wrong with the print heads after switching to 3rd party ink, the printer manufacturer would obviously blame the ink, and the ink manufacturer would obviously say it's an issue with the printer, leaving you stuck in the middle with an expensive paperweight until you pay for the print head out of your own pocket. if the ink manufacturers did indeed step up and replace a print head which had been obviously damaged by their ink, they are opening up a whole can of worms in terms of liability to anyone else in the same boat.