• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dont care what anyone says..

TXFB.INS

prefer the PC route also,

here is the newest design PC that was built

Intel Xeon e3-1245 3.3 Ghz quad-core LGA1155
ASUS P8B WS ATX motherboard
16 GB (4 X 4 GB) Kingston DDR3 1333 ECC Registered memory Model KVR1333D3D4R9SK2/8G
2x 1 TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATAIII 64MB Cache hard drive
OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
NVIDIA - Quadro NVS 420
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W
Cooler Master Hyper N CPU cooler
Lite-On DVD Burner SATA
COOLER MASTER RC-922M-KKN1-GP
OS Windows 7 Ultimate

cdiesel

Some of us don't build PC's.. we buy them. We've had very good luck with Dell going back quite a few years and many, many machines.

WildWestDesigns

Dell's business/enterprise lines are very good (optiplex).

Took out the iMac and replaced it with an Optiplex. All that I really need was something to do internet, email, and stream OTR. Run it with Ubuntu and no issues. Don't know if I would use the Optiplex for anything else though, but for that purpose it works great.

laserman70

Got ours yesterday
Amazing how much difference there is in speed....
congrats Josh

Attachments

• comp.jpg
    comp.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 103

choucove

As with many things in the world of technology, Dell has some good ones and some bad ones. I own a computer repair shop and 90% of the computers that we have to work on and repair are Dells. However, those are mostly all consumer line computers (definitely mostly laptops) and there is a difference between them and the business line of computers.

The Dell Inspiron and Studio lines are really not built that great for quality. I've spoken with Dell reps before about the difference in business and consumer lines and they have flat out said that the consumer lines are not designed and built for continual long-term usage like a person needs for daily business tasks, especially demanding tasks such as content creation.

For this, you have to go with business line. The problem is even there you get low quality unless you spend a TON of money! Just to give you an example, one of my customers recently ordered several Dell Optiplex 790 desktops and here is what they got for $700 a piece:

Intel Core i5-2400 quad-core processor
4GB (2 X 2GB) DDR3 1333 Hynix memory
Integrated Intel HD 2000 graphics
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB SATAII 7,200 RPM hard drive
Samsung DVD-Burner SATA
Dell generic brand 265 Watt power supply
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

This is decent performance but lacks a lot of quality that you can get at that same price range in a custom system. For instance, at $750 I can build and sell a system as such:

Intel Core i5-2400 quad-core processor
4GB (2 X 2GB) Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1333 memory
500GB Western Digital Caviar Black SATAIII 7,200 RPM hard drive
Corsair TX650 Enthusiast power supply
Integrated Intel HD 2000 graphics
LG DVD-Burner SATA
Silverstone Precision Series PS05-B chassis
Cooler Master Hyper N 520 cooler
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Granted, it's a little more expensive, but the difference in quality capabilities are quite a bit. Now, a custom system isn't for every situation, but personally I will pick the custom over the Dell from the simple fact of quality.

I'm not saying not to go with Dell for a production environment computer, but if you are looking into a Dell you should really plan on spending a good amount of money to get something high performance and higher quality.

Mosh

Ladies...Ladies...save it for the pay per view...I just roll out to Wal-Mart every 6 months and get a new Dell there. They run fast enough to play spotify, check e-mails, run versa and corel all at the same time, and only are $400-$500. I would like to add touch-screen someday, what is that like?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Mine is matte black with chrome.
Just a dual now but I will upgrade to a quad soon...

wayne k
guam usa

Josh don't mind me I am just suffering from pc envy

Attachments

• 461839.jpg
    461839.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 115