• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Don't do business with Esco Manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ams

I've placed a few orders with Esco manufacturing, the signs are so so, they screwed up the LED placement in one of them. So now I have a large $23,000 job for a local company, they are getting an award and filming for the news, they needed to have the signs up before June 7th, the 7th is when they are filming.

I was promised multiple on phone and email that I would receive the signs by the 3rd. Next thing I know, I get tracking information and it's scheduled for delivery on the 7th. I told them they promised it by the 3rd, they sent me a bill for $170 to get it by the 6th.
I said no you promised me, you need to pay the bill. They said we should have checked with our shipping company first, so they admit it twice.

I talked to the president and sales manager and have told me that I either pay the extra $170 or I can be screwed, they said they would take it off a future order, but there won't be a future order because they forced more money out of me. Why couldn't they just pay the $170 and move on with our lives?

Won't ever do business with them again, their manufacturing time for push thru cabinets is 22 days plus shipping.

J Hill Designs

I've placed a few orders with Esco manufacturing, the signs are so so, they screwed up the LED placement in one of them. So now I have a large $23,000 job for a local company, they are getting an award and filming for the news, they needed to have the signs up before June 7th, the 7th is when they are filming.

I was promised multiple on phone and email that I would receive the signs by the 3rd. Next thing I know, I get tracking information and it's scheduled for delivery on the 7th. I told them they promised it by the 3rd, they sent me a bill for $170 to get it by the 6th.
I said no you promised me, you need to pay the bill. They said we should have checked with our shipping company first, so they admit it twice.

I talked to the president and sales manager and have told me that I either pay the extra $170 or I can be screwed, they said they would take it off a future order, but there won't be a future order because they forced more money out of me. Why couldn't they just pay the $170 and move on with our lives?

Won't ever do business with them again, their manufacturing time for push thru cabinets is 22 days plus shipping.

3 weeks is pretty standard for custom (ie not just a box/panel) lit cabinets IMO

rossmosh

Here's an old trick: Tell them you need it for your due date and do whatever they need to. Then when the bill comes, pay everything but the $170 shipping.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're gonna stop everything for $170.00 ?? Are you nuts ?? That's peanuts compared to the order.

How do you intend to put up $23,000 worth of signs in a day would be my real concern.

J Hill Designs

You're gonna stop everything for $170.00 ?? Are you nuts ?? That's peanuts compared to the order.

Thats what I was thinking. Theres no way $170 will break you on an order that size. Eat it, make your client happy, THEN never order from them again.

ams

How do you intend to put up $23,000 worth of signs in a day would be my real concern.

No the order was already shipped, they are just fighting with me over $170. Instead of doing the right thing and paying the bill, they automatically charge my credit card without telling me and offer me a future discount. I told them I want it refunded and they can foot the bill.
So I had the sales manager and account manager call me on a conference call and still refuse to do it, so I told them I am still going somewhere else, three strikes now, so they are out.

How else does push thru cabinets wholesale?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No the order was already shipped, they are just fighting with me over $170. Instead of doing the right thing and paying the bill, they automatically charge my credit card without telling me and offer me a future discount. I told them I want it refunded and they can foot the bill.
So I had the sales manager and account manager call me on a conference call and still refuse to do it, so I told them I am still going somewhere else, three strikes now, so they are out.

How else does push thru cabinets wholesale?

At this point, bite your tongue and get it in. Why create more headaches and waves ?? Just wait and see what pans out.

reQ

Back home we have a saying "You are making an elephant from a fly"

$170 dollars from 23k order stress you out so much...? I am paying overnight shipping quite often just to make sure work/order is done on time & i would eat the bill.

ams

Back home we have a saying "You are making an elephant from a fly"

$170 dollars from 23k order stress you out so much...? I am paying overnight shipping quite often just to make sure work/order is done on time & i would eat the bill.

Well it's not the first time I have been screwed by them, they screwed up quoting an order, so I charged the customer for 3 signs instead of 5, also there was a shipping problem again where I was under the impression that shipping was included in the quote and come to find out, they make up a completely separate shipping bill 1 -2 weeks later.

reQ

Well it's not the first time I have been screwed by them, they screwed up quoting an order, so I charged the customer for 3 signs instead of 5, also there was a shipping problem again where I was under the impression that shipping was included in the quote and come to find out, they make up a completely separate shipping bill 1 -2 weeks later.
Like was mentioned before - eat 170, get it in, install and never deal with them again. Would be more simple than fighting with them over that charge

player

Everybody says outsource, but 20 years ago I tried to outsource a number of different jobs, and every time things were screwed up, so I decided for the most part if I don't make it I don't sell it.

Lots on this board say they are doing super with outsourcing but I did not have such luck.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Dispute the credit card charge that you didn't authorize or don't worry about it and do the work...

They sound like a partner you don't need to have, start researching other vendors.

OADesign

No matter how frustrating it is... :banghead:

Thats what I was thinking. Theres no way $170 will break you on an order that size. Eat it, make your client happy, THEN never order from them again.

I know, I know. I feel your pain and stress. But ^^ this.

Then as your watching the tv production this > :Big Laugh. Then when you move past the small beans of $170, this > :rolleyes:.

Then when that invoice is paid and the accolades come in from making your client happy, this >:bushmill: or this >:beer.

And move on to the next project.

:toasting:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have you decided if you're gonna get it shipped in right away ??

There's always more to a story than just one side. I'd really like to hear their version. You placing a $23,000 order just doesn't make sense to be treated in this fashion. You say even the president of the company ignored you or just told you off ?? Hmmm...... really would like to see all those e-mails back & forth, before I make statements such as yours.

ams

Have you decided if you're gonna get it shipped in right away ??

There's always more to a story than just one side. I'd really like to hear their version. You placing a $23,000 order just doesn't make sense to be treated in this fashion. You say even the president of the company ignored you or just told you off ?? Hmmm...... really would like to see all those e-mails back & forth, before I make statements such as yours.

I didn't have a choice, they auto charged my credit card and it's going to arrive on the 6th. I agree it doesn't make sense, the president first said he would look into it, then pawned me off to the sales manager to deal with and the sales manager Bruce was rude and wouldn't do the right thing which was to pay the $170 and move on. Instead he told me that I needed to pay for it and that he would credit me down the road on a future order.

I have all the emails, but the last thing I need is for you to start emailing them and starting things with them. I've already told four of them that they won't hear from me again and I've already contacted three companies to get bids to switch to.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
My experience with lighted sign wholesalers in general (Esco being one of them), is that you just cannot count on them for a firm date. When you outsource, it is totally out of your control, but you are hanging on the line for the due date. I am reluctant to take on jobs like this where there is a gun-to-your-head-due-date, but I'm not in control. It is just so much stress. BTW, I never take a time frame an outsource gives me and relay directly to customer. I always pad it.

asd

imagine if your customer was to cancel the order because you did not install the sign on time or there were some issues with the sign ie damaged, not working or being the wrong color, its at that moment and time when you said I should have eaten the 170.00 or paid a little extra to have delivered early instead risking a 23k job, just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.