Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont know about you, but my buisiness just stopped

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by depps74, Mar 18, 2020.

1. JJM7288

JJM7288 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Indianapolis, In
    We have a decent backlog and quite a few built orders. But we're a healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotech sign company. Our customers have all closed (or closed their sites to us) and recommended we close too.

We decided today to cease operations until April 5. We are paying our team 50% of their average pay and maintaining health benefits.

Coronavirus contracted in the workplace,is an OSHA recordable. Those not ceasing operations should be VERY careful.

I've been in business 32 years, never faced anything like this.

2. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ohio's governor just announced yesterday that as of midnight tonight, everyone is ordered to stay home except "essential" businesses. We pushed to get as much done of our backlog last week, but at the same time the phones and emails pretty much stopped. We have a few oddball projects we will try to finish and ship out today and urge our customers with work sitting here to pick up today or will have to wait till we get back April 6th.

Bottom line, because of the slowing economy and our phones not ringing I will be closing the shop and laying off my staff temporarily until we are allowed to come back. I will keep an eye on emails and come in every few days to check on equipment, (fire up printers and run test prints) mail and voicemails. Hoping we can get back to work and that there will be work to do when we get back...

• Like Like x 1
  3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Crushed the print head Friday so I'm down until the tech gets here. Although with states shutting down parts may be hard to get since parts ship from Illinois. Otherwise things are fairly normal. Delivered a shuttle wrap Friday and worked on three boats Saturday. At some point my shop will probably be affected. Just takes longer for things to reach us in Northern Wisconsin.