• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Don't post much these days. Some recent work...

visualeyez

Many of you laughed at my 200 sq.ft. shop, but it has worked out. I am working on the website, and currently have just a slideshow on the homepage, but give it a look and let me know what you think. http://www.dsinez.com

Thanks,
-Keith

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The work looks great. Two suggestions on the site ...

The slide show needs to have a way to stop it, or back it up, for a longer look at any sign that might catch the eye.

The white text on the right against the light green background doesn't have enough contrast and will go unread by many.

SIGNTIME

also take the picture of the cartopper sign off there are a lot of bubbles under the vinyl in that pic.

prosigner

Site looks good, and I agree with Fred, was coming here to say the same thing. Great job though, like the colors! :smile:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I know when you joined, you were 20, so you have done this for at least 6 years..
but how long have you been doing this altogether?

You said in your introduction you were designing websites... in my opinion, this
site could look better, a lot better with better type selection and organized layout.
The "NOW OFFERING APPAREL" is really bad as well as the informational type selection.

One thing about your portfolio selection on the home page... it's my opinion that it
should be your absolute best work. Some of the sign work you have on that slideshow
should never see the light of day. I know not every sign needs to be a work of art and
maybe show stock signs on a separate portfolio link, but some of that is a well made sign
with bad layout and may not reflect the quality design/sign you may be capable of...

I think it needs some more work... I would research websites that have a look that you
want, that navigate well and get some inspiration...

SignManiac

I have to agree with Rick and I think he critiqued your stuff honestly and fairly. This is in the spirit of helping you and your business do better. Strive for the best you are capable of. With a few of the suggestions given here, you can improve both your work and site significantly...

I will say some of your stuff is light years better than what I've seen coming out of the local shops in my town.

visualeyez

I have not done website work since about 2006 so I will admit that it is crude. I'm 27 now. Yeah some signs are ugly, everybody with photoshop these days thinks they are a graphic designer. Around this part of OR, the economy is still crap and nobody has money for good signs except the banks. So when people come to me on a budget I will gladly make a sign that fits the budget rather than send them packing.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I have not done website work since about 2006 so I will admit that it is crude. I'm 27 now. Yeah some signs are ugly, everybody with photoshop these days thinks they are a graphic designer. Around this part of OR, the economy is still crap and nobody has money for good signs except the banks. So when people come to me on a budget I will gladly make a sign that fits the budget rather than send them packing.

You're not gonna get "nice" work showing the work on your slideshow, the kind of work you show,
is the kind of work you're gonna get.... start adding some concept work to raise the design level of
your site and show your capabilities.

I have harsh opinions about your response but I was told that you might miss the advice I gave
you previously about researching other websites and the advice above...
Please take this as an honest assessment of your site, I believe you have the capabilities to improve on it.

Last edited:

HulkSmash

I agree try keeping only your great looking work.. Even if it's only 10 items.. no joke.

I've been going for pretty much 5 years.. http://coloradosigns.com/ I'm 26 years old.

We only post like 30 percent on our website, and facebook page. If a client gives me an ugly design, yeah that doesn't go on my site...