• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

don't try this at home

aerial

QCB
I have been reading posts and watching videos on the big squeegee, and was intrigued.

Looking around, I found a nice little glass shelf with a plastic edge that that was similar in size and shape. I decided to give it a try, just to see if I liked handling something that big before I ordered one. I ran some premask on the kitchen table. Not too bad.

I found a scrap of Oracal and decided to lay it down on something. Looking around my house, the only thing remotely clean was the bathroom mirror.

I proceeded to install the unmasked vinyl on my bathroom mirror with the squeegee imposter. No luck- lots of wrinkles.

So I go to pop it back off, and guess what? I pulled the whole mirror off the wall It shattered and now I have a big mess to clean up.
:Oops:
Don't you love it when someone screws up and it's not you?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:ROFLMAO: and on Friday the 13th to boot. Next, you're gonna have a black cat cross your path and then step on a crack and break your Mother's back.....

Go home and break out a bottle of Scotch or something at least worth breaking......... :bushmill: :toasting:

Locals Find!

Would have cost you far less to order the BS try it out than that mirror is going to cost you now. Good luck explaining that one to the wife.

aerial

QCB
I am the wife.

I need to brush up on my vinyl install skills. I found this in the scrap box.

Anyhow, do you use the BS on cut vinyl on vertical installations?

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 81

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what's going on here anymore, but I think you need to take the trash out and don't forget those bottles need to go into recycling...........

By the way.... are you smearing that pudding around with a gold squeegee ??

MikePro

I am the wife.

I need to brush up on my vinyl install skills. I found this in the scrap box.

Anyhow, do you use the BS on cut vinyl on vertical installations?

if I had one, I would use the BS to mask my cut vinyl but then apply the masked vinyl with a tape-hinge and a regular squeegee.
additional note: for large cut-vinyl applications, I hinge as one piece but then slice the mask in 2-3 letter segments and apply in sections. much easier to handle than the whole at once (although, I can and do anyways, but I train my employees this way to save on recuts/returntrips if/when they screw up somehow.)