• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

double cutline

Letterbox Mike

your RIP is recognizing the stroke as two lines (the inside and outside edge of the stroke). Instead us using a stroked line for the contour cut path, change it to a solid filled object with no stroke and it should go away. We used to have this problem all the time with Onyx, stopped using strokes for the cut lines and replaced them with a solid shape of the same CutContour spot color and we haven't had the problem since.

x2chris7x

When you are save the file, save as .eps, under eps options under transparency click the custom button and uncheck "convert all strokes to outlines." This works for me, but only works if there is a a transparent object somewhere within the file.

x2chris7x

I've also found that this happens when the stroke is aligned to the inside or outside, instead of being aligned to the center of the path. I am using wasatch as the rip.

bbeens

Both of x2chris7x comments above are spot on and what I was planning on posting. The first suggestion is easy to spot, when you save and a transparency is in play Illy should give you a warning about transparencies and spot colors.

Bryan

Salmoneye

Also if you choose the flatten transparency make sure that the "outline stroke" is not checked. When you get two lines you can definately zoom in close on the cut file and see that your stroke has been outlined. To fix that particular file just pick the inside or outside line with the white selection tool and delete one of them.