• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Faced White Coro Signs

Which white coro do you use for a double faced vinyl app. or screen printed signs?

• Standard White - NON Opaque

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Opaque White

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters

Neon RTG

How many of you used standard White Coroplast for a double faced sign, instead of Opaque White?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We only stock opaque. The other stuff is just a waste for the little difference in price.

Neon RTG

I also only stock opaque. I am just trying to prove a point to another screen printer/sign maker, that non-opaque should never be used when printing or vinyl applying for a double faced sign.

Please keep posting yours.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why would you need anyone's views from here ?? If the sap doesn't believe you, why is he/she going to believe us ??

All he/she has to do is hold a small piece of the stuff up to a light and see his/her fingers showing through from the other side and understand the difference. Only a fool would argue on that one. Tell him/her to crawl back under that rock and keep on saving $1.75 a sheet for his crap.

Pat Whatley

I admit that I used regular coro forever for that. When I bought my shop we'd been doing it that was for 30 years and I was under the assumption that opaque coro was MUCH more expensive.

Back in January my supplier was out of regular coro and told me that opaque was only $1.25 per 4x8 more. All I stock is opaque now. It feels firmer and looks better, I'm not sure why they even make the other stuff.

Typestries

We digitally print wholesale coroplast signs in full color and offer opaque as an option. To offer a low price point, we offer standard coro, but are more than happy to, and do a good bit of prints on opaque when the client requests it for a small additional fee over our already low price.

From a high volume point of view, opaque is not always critical. We probably do 25% opaque, 75% regular FYI.

Opaque can be a nice upsell for your shop!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i can understand using a non-opaque for digitally printing....but for screen printing or vinyl app, i don't see why you would use anything but opaque

G-Artist

Opaque is great and many times a bit smoother to print on.

Our local suppliers sell 1,000 precut 18" x 24" to 1 opaque of the same size. So they rarely have any. Like everyone, storage space and inventory costs concern them. They say there is little call for those blanks.

When you compete it does no good to tell a political org. how much better the opaque is going to be when pennies per unit count, especially when the life term of use is very short, as all they want is CHEAP!!!

Guys who plaster neighborhoods with snipe signs do not want to pay the price difference either as they know code enforcement may only be hours behind them in picking them up.

So who is left who uses small coro signs? Real estate agents and builders. And those folks aren't spending if they are still in business.

No that I disagree with using opaque. I prefer it. Customers, in the main, don't when price is the only consideration.

Techman

I think this is a just a little confusing..
Standard white is the the product you can see light through,, Yes?

And the opaque is the solid white where light will Not shine through,, Is this right?

Because,
Opaque refers to something that you cannot see through, that does not allow light to pass through.

I have both types here. One allows light to go through and it is semi clear. Its like looking through visqueen plastic. I used it for a green house sign.

There other is solid white and is perfect for double faced signs.