• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Hits (strikes)

digimon81

Kyle From Wisconsin Here,

Is there a way on the Gerber Solar Ion X, using Onyx to instruct the flatbed to double hit the material? Going thru all the motions twice for one piece is for the birds... Taking way to long. The gantry goes all the way to the end of the table, and I sit there and wait til it reaches the end just to hit the load button again and slide the uv plate and wait for it to come back to me.... and all that good stuff. I tried just turning off the lamp delay, but then it takes too long to warm back up.

Thanks

petepaz

sorry have never used that machine but on our rolands in versa works there is a print menu/settings and you can select custom settings and tell the machine to overprint
1, 2 or 3 times

digimon81

Yea, I went on vaction to the Bay area, and while I was gone they sent a customer a single and double hit prototype and the customer liked the double hit better. Now they want me to print 175 26" x 22" pieces all double hit in four days. Been working 14 hour days all week and I've got 135 done so I'm on pace to finish sometime tonight around 8pm... But wow the Gerber Ion can be sooooo slow.