• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double sided banner

Drip Dry

I've been asked to do a 4 x 8 double sided banner.

I have a Roland Versacamm and use versaworks

Some questions come to mind:

1) I usually use Roland banner material. Can I use that or do I need to get material just for double sided printing ?

2) After I print the first side..do I just turn it over and print the other side ?
I thought I remember a discussion about setting a "Return to Origin" but
I'm not sure if that applies here.

Seems I could send it out, but I hate to lose the control of the quality of the print when I know what I can get from my printer.

Thanks
JT

Malkin

Usually it's better to use an opaque blockout material, they are usually in the 15 to 18 oz. range and have a black inner liner.

In a pinch, I have occasionally printed the first side on the regular 13oz, and printed the 2nd side on grey-adhesive vinyl and applied to back of the banner.

Slamdunkpro

You really need to use a block out banner for double sided. The easiest way to do them is just print out 2 and sew them together.

zigns62

you can print on the other side, you need to let it sit for about 8hrs to make sure its dry. When you flip it you need to have some kind of refence point so you start on the same corner as you did on the front side. On your print you need to set it up to do a reverse and upside down print from what I remember the last one that I printed

anotherdog

Easy peasy on a roland. I use the VP 540...You really should get double sided banner. you may get the ink to lay on the back of the single sided banner, but it will probably look like crap and try to lift off.

Double sided easy way...
Print the first side of the banner,

go to the corner of the banner where you began printing, you may place a dot there in the design or use crop marks...push a pin through the banner at the corner.

Flip the banner, feed it back in so it rolls back onto the blank banner on the media holder.
This makes sure it is square (very important)

using the controls line up the tip of the knife on the hole you made with the pin. press function/base point.

that is your origin.

Now in Versaworks flip the design you will be printing on the back so when you print its the right way up.

This is pretty accurate, but if there is solid colour allow a little bleed.

I have done 30ft banners like this.

guillermo

what anotherdog said is correct, but you do not have to flip the image to print the second side, just do it as is another banner to print, versaworks starts to print the top of the file, so, feed the top of the printed banner and select the start point and print the second side, it will be ok. I have been doing them for a while and have not mess up any, (no counting the fist one, I did not set the starting point for the second side, it was off)

Mosh

Just do two banners. In the long run it will cheaper than you messing around trying to get in 18 oz material and attemping to align everything.

animenick65

What anotherdog said is the best way to do it. We have also printed two banners and combined them with double sided banner tape to make one double sided banner. Either way, keep in mind these are double sided and as such you need to make sure your using a material that isn't too transparent or your customer will be able to see the other side reversed when the sun is against it.