Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double-sided sign on U-Channel post

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Doyle, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Just wondering, can I mount signs to both sides of a standard u-channel post? Could bolts be attached through one sign face, through the post, and out the other sign face, secured with a nut on the other side? I know that the two sides of the post are not the same, not sure if this will cause me any trouble or if I should be looking for a different solution?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    should be ok. what size is the sign and how many posts.
    i have done it with 36" x 36" signs used 2 posts, 4 bolts and no issues

3. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    2 signs 48" x 24" with 2 posts. I'm gonnna go for it, thanks!

4. Tom Dalton

Tom Dalton Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Illinois
    Should be no problem with two posts. On one post, the sign mounted on the narrow side of the "U" can rock in the wind shortening the life of the sign. The newer style of rib-back posts make the sign on the bottom of the "U" more stable than they were in the past.

-Tom
    SignsDirect.com

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    If it's a very temporary sign, it should work for a limited time. 8 square feet of sign is really like a small sail and those little posts might just start to rock back and forth and then one day, 'Boink'....... they'll go outta rack and then you'll be done.