• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

double sided window graphics... HELP!

StarSign

I think we have all run into this at one time or another. The so called great customer with lots of potential asks us for something crazy, with the carrot on the stick (they are going to order a massive amount). We do the R&D, bend over backwards and rack our brains on how to make it work, then........we just needed a quote, thanks, or better yet that person really isn't the one who will make this decision, we've gone another direction. I am not saying this is the case here however it has many of the similarities.

Andy D

I think we have all run into this at one time or another. The so called great customer with lots of potential asks us for something crazy, with the carrot on the stick (they are going to order a massive amount). We do the R&D, bend over backwards and rack our brains on how to make it work, then........we just needed a quote, thanks, or better yet that person really isn't the one who will make this decision, we've gone another direction. I am not saying this is the case here however it has many of the similarities.

I can't tell you how many times I fell down that rabbit hole, a big customer dreams up a crazy/stupid sign or graphic
and I spend all day chasing down vendors to get their input and price, and on a whim, the big customer decides they want
to go in with a completely different crazy/stupid sign or graphic. That's why I now tell the customer what they need and why...
if they don't want to go that way, let some other fool kill themselves trying to provide that customer with something they don't need
and won't serve their purpose.

boxerbay

First question should be what is your budget and what is your target price per unit? You will find that the shoe string budget will eliminate a lot of options and not worth the effort. I'm currently working with retail clients and what will happen is you will finally figure out the solution and then they will send it to china to get produced for pennies. all large retail chains do this.

You should break down your efforts into three sections and bill for each service accordingly.

1. consultation / brainstorming / site survey

2. actual production

3. install

this way if you only end up doing #1 you still getting paid for your time.

** if your not getting paid commission then i would tell your boss your out of ideas and if anything new comes up you will let him know.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Boss has been coming down on me trying to get our customer to be satisfied with a material to cover their windows. Already gave them 4-5 samples none of which they liked. Glass adhere, static, low tac clear adhesive, etc. So I guess the only thing to try are some out-of-the-box ideas. I did attempt to adhere a low tac clear to a vinyl and for as large as the images will be this is definitely not in the cards. Any ideas or insight?

Call me, I have been working on something called Product X for the last 6 months or so and I think I'm ready to start telling the industry about it. Its something the industry has never seen before and its going to really impact the window and wall graphic applications. I have a very limited amount of material to send out right now but it might be perfect for what you are trying to achieve and its something totally unique. It allows for super easy installations at the store level so any employee or fry guy could install effortlessly. This material allows you to print on economical permanent adhesive vinyl and use it as a removable/reusable material. It also transforms your non bubble-free material into a bubble-free application.

This material will allow the fastest installation and de-installation times possible, it will also make it much more affordable then having to pay for specialty adhesives. Its difficult to explain and I will be making some videos to help show how the material can be used but if your interested in learning more about it then shoot me a message or give me a call 323-264-2200 ext. 114