• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dowels for Canvas Banners

kmajid

Hey Everyone, how's it going? Hope all is well. I was curious if anyone had a good source for purchasing dowels for banners. I have a client who is looking to get a 3x8 banner with sleeves in the top and bottom and then using dowels to hang it up...any ideas?

Also if anyone has had experience with this, this is going to be a canvas banner, any issues hemming it with thread and creating those sleeves? Haven't worked with this material in the past.

Thanks.

ionsigns

In lieu of WOOD I usually use PVC pipe. Wood, metal or plastic RODS in the pocket - will each sag to a point. How straight the top line is depends on how many supports are used and how close together they are.

m giese

Cincinnati Dowel and Wood products. find them on the web, call for bundle pricing, Much less than per piece on the web order form.

Rooster

I grab the curtain and closet rods from home depot myself. I don't go through enough of them to justify the time spent sourcing a wholesale supplier.