• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Draining inks from VP540 for move

romichoux

no, it's not necessary but you have to fix the head carriage with the blue metal block which is screw behind your printer. it avoid the printhead and cut carriage to slide over the printer during the move. unscrew the blue metal block and screw it next to the printhead and cut carriage.

anotherdog

no, it's not necessary but you have to fix the head carriage with the blue metal block which is screw behind your printer. it avoid the printhead and cut carriage to slide over the printer during the move. unscrew the blue metal block and screw it next to the printhead and cut carriage.
:goodpost:

I moved mine about a year ago, did not drain the inks down. was without power for about 12 hours with no problems. Just tell the guys who are moving it what it's worth so they don't drop it.

BALLPARK

We were told by a Roland rep and a Roland tech that it does not require the inks to be drained for a short move.

They mentioned to bolt down the head like a few others have mentioned in this post. We are using this method to move an XC-540 here within the next two weeks.

ova

Don't forget to remove the waste ink bottle. Big mess if you don't.

When you get it to the destination, do a couple of test prints to get the ink flowing.

Dave

EbsWeb5150

I got the answer.

Yes you need four cartridges one for each color.
First make sure drain bottle is empty. 2nd drill through the sub-menu to head wash let it run through its cycle. When it finishes its shuts its self off by the sub power automatically. 3rd drain your ink bottle. 4th Use the rubber plug.
5th remove blade, 6th lock print heads put packaging around heads.
7th Try to keep the machine horizontal while moving avoid tilting the machine.

peace.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
So...is it a yes or a no?
What about a 14 hour timeframe between turning it off, loading, moving, & turning it on again-as long as the heads are locked while in transit?

What about having a battery & a small inverter & having it plugged into that during the move I'm considering? (9 hours by car)