• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dxf / autocad HELPPPPPPP

skyhigh

I've attempted to send an exported dxf file out of both flexi and Illy, to a fella running a waterjet cutter. It seems he can't open either file. At first he wanted me to resend it as a ver14. Then double check that things are converted to outline ect....nothing worked for him.

He tells me the file must be written in an "autocad" program seeing these exported dxf's aren't working for him.

Anyone give me some guidance or assistance?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Look to see if there are any export options you are bypassing that would allow you more control. Otherwise, try it out of CorelDRAW. I'm pretty sure that their export filter offers selectable options.

skyhigh

flexi dosen't offer any options. Illy has these options posted in the jpg.

Illy does give me the option as saving as a DWG (autocad drawing) but the man asked for a DXF (autocad interchange file). I wonder if I sent him a DWG? Autocad people?

Fred, not running Corel on my machine right now.

Attachments

• DXF FILE OPTIONS.jpg
    DXF FILE OPTIONS.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 54

Rhino

You can export to dxf out of SignLab. Did it just the other day. Let me know if you need a conversion.

signage

You better send him a PDF of what the file should look like. When I was doing CAD designing could never find a DXF that worked without tweaking! jm.02

Techman

there are tons of converts on the web. There are other converters to change dwg or dfx to pdf and vice versa. The cnc world is ripe and has so many options around that almost anything can be converted to anything else..

Lots of it is free ro comes with a 30 day trial.

Charlie J

What version of flexi are you running? 8.1 let me send a dxf out of flexi. I had to do it for a large map I printed. I had the vector doctor trace their scanned image and he gave it to me as an .ai and I was able to export it as a dxf so that changes could be made to it in autocad. I believe flexi will open a 2000 dwg file.