• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Easiest way to request name change

GypsyGraphics

when i was a kid, i had a plants hanging all around my bed, with just one opening to get in.... and a bird named Jzero... till my dumb sister let the cat in my room.

Marlene

plants live in fear that I will take them home as I am horrid with them. I have a ten year old spider plant that is only about 5" high as I have, some how, stunted it's growth.

My first bird's name was Bingo. In my defense, it was the 1950's, I was like two years old and there was that horrid song "and Bingo was his name o" and Bingo was his name, o

I cant even keep plants alive outside. Not much of a green thumb here.
Never had a bird.
So, has anyone ever changed the name of their bird?
How the heck did we get on the subjects of plants and birds anyway???:ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I had a fish aquarium when I was a kid, but I didn't name any of the fish..... my grandmother did that. However, I had a parakeet named 'Lucky'.

One summer day I found a stray kitty. He was nice and everything...... and was very loving.

Quickly, my parents had to buy a screen for on top of the aquarium to keep 'Kitty' from going fishing. She took out a few fish, but they'll remain nameless. Good thing I wasn't too emotionally attached to them.

Laying on the sofa one day, not long after finding 'Kitty'..... 'Kitty' was laying on my chest while I was watching television. Lucky used to fly around the house at all times of the day. We never closed his cage door until nighttime. I realized Lucky was flying around and making aerial loops around my area. See, Lucky used to fly over, land on me and watch television with me just like 'Kitty' is right now. Well, on one of his flights..... 'Kitty' leaped off my stomach and caught Lucky in midair and landed right back down on my stomach with Lucky in his mouth. After choking 'Kitty', Lucky popped out and fell to the floor. He didn't seem to wanna fly anymore. He wasn't looking too parakeet-y at the moment. Well, my Dad got rid of 'Kitty' and we had to have a vet look at Lucky because he didn't seem to wanna do anything anymore. Somehow, it turned out Lucky developed 'Lockjaw'. Well, now I was out some fish, Lucky and the 'Kitty'.

It doesn't seem to pay to name your pets... at least, not the collection I had.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
when i was a kid i shot a bird with a bb gun.

i felt bad when i saw the thing lying there, dead, blood oozing from it's body.

so i dug a hole, put the bird in it and a small maple sapling.

i figured the roots of the maple would engulf the bird carcass and become part of the tree.

a few years later when the tree was about 6 feet tall i took the branches and twisted them together in a crazy fasion so when the tree grew bigger the main branches would be funky.

they did, some of them grew together.

then the tree got about 40' tall, all twisted and mis-shapen,

so i cut it down and burned it as firewood...

but i kept some ashes....

now what do i do with them?

GypsyGraphics

So, has anyone ever changed the name of their bird?

i did....

when i had my own house, everyone had to play nice together... this is Ozzie & Babbette.

when Ozzie laid eggs... i change his/her name to Harriet.
Ozzie-Babbette.jpg

Marlene

:threadyes we are! we just love any excuse to go off topic!!!

my cats all have names my hubby gave them. the little black kitty I use for my avatar name is Manfred, Manny for short. my two tiger cats are Tiberius (the "T" in James T Kirk) and Nicodemus Nosferatu, Nick for short. I am soooo glad we didn't have children together as they would grow up and kill us in our sleep if he named them.

to the OP, you can use one of cat names for your new name if you would like to

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I dressed up as a Pirate one time for a Halloween contest. Won first place. Ar-r-r-rg Matey !!

HaroldDesign

The bass player in my band often talks of becoming a pirate. We have long discussions concerning the details of such an endeavor.