• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Easy weed white vinyl?

SignPainter

I use Shinerite vinyl for banners and all the colors seem to weed easy but the white. Does anyone know a brand of white 3 mil vinyl that weeds easy? Thanks for info!

Does anyone know if Oracal has made any changes to 651 since it first became available? At the time I was using the dreaded Avery, which I thought weeded >>>> than Oracal. I made the switch to Oracal several years ago, and now I think it weeds better than any other brand I've tried.

Malkin

We use Quantum2000 for our calendered white needs. It weeds real easy, prints great with the Edge, and has a nice satin finish.

Joe Diaz

Another vote for Oracal.

I also want to say that "easy to weed" is a great feature of any vinyl out there, but not nearly as important as a the performance of the film. Who cares how easy the film is to weed if later on it fails before it should. Ideally it is nice to use a product that is easy to work with, and goes the distance.

SignPainter

I have had no problems with shinerite over the years for temp stuff. Just that the white letters want to stay stuck to the background vinyl when weeding, even tho it's cut all the way thru the vinyl. I have to mash down the letters with fingers while weeding. The other colors I don't have to touch the letters. I'll try 651, seems to be the majority vote for temp signage.