Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay?

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by myronb, Apr 16, 2007.

1. myronb

myronb Active Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    That's CS2 • NOT • CS3 . . . !

3. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Id be very leary of this deal...

4. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    you can get legal OEM versions from ebay. But they do not include any books or any support. This looks like one.
    One bad feedback from a customer that talked to adobe.
    he has a load of buyers over a period of time. IF he was pirating they wouldve likely kicked him off long ago.

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The deal appears to me to be that you will be getting an older version of Photoshop which must be installed. Then when you install the CS2 UPGRADE, also being provided, you will be "legally upgrading" from an older version and therefore are getting a lower price than a new full copy.

That will probably work providing the old version of PS is also legal and transferrable as stated in their writeup. Not sure what Adobe's position is on this maneuver to defeat their intent for upgrades and not so sure I'd want to find out.

As previously mentioned, the upgrade being offered is to CS2 which is about to become one version out of date anyway.

6. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    all looks ok to me but older legal version , if ya got the money buy newer, if ya don't buy a even older legal version, then upgrade to newest save that way alot more ......,my corel X3 cost $185 that way ,wish I could of afford full box version tho
    thank you nenjoy life

7. myronb

myronb Active Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Does anyone else have any opinions on this?

Thanks,
    Myron

8. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    I wouldn't worry about using Photoshop CS2 vs CS3. I'm still using v7! It's Illustrator that I have to update all the dang time due to compatability issues.