• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

eBay...

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Reminds me too of the new Microsoft logo. Simple shapes/letters that are easy to read. No embellishments are the directions they are going

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'm remorseful of all those wasted years...when I used to believe that branding was all about differentiation.

JB

visual800

ive seen worse, it dont bother me but I bet they paid $125k for it and probably had pantone remove all those colors out of all books and if you use those colors you will be sued

phototec

In my opinion they missed the target, and a chance to really make a new statement. Using the colors from the old logo is the only thing I like about it.

Typographically, it looks like they just used a regular font and used kiss kerning between the letters.

I would have worked those letter forms to make the shapes more balanced to how the human eye views the overall design.

I think the e is ok, but the baseline in relation to the other letters and the way it hits the b is off. The counter-space in the b has too much offset, you need a little offset for small lettering but in large letters it's just too distracting.

The a is alright but I would have modified it with a slightly higher set bowl.

The y looks like it came from a different font altogether. Typically I like when letter forms touch, but this one is odd to me because the letter shapes don't really lend themselves to this tight kerning.

It would be interesting to know how much some ad agency got paid to do the re-design?

Attachments

• ebay-logo-01.jpg
    ebay-logo-01.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 160