Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eBay...

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by qmr55, Sep 13, 2012.

1. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    Tags:
  2. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

looks like the google logo

3. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Reminds me too of the new Microsoft logo. Simple shapes/letters that are easy to read. No embellishments are the directions they are going

4. SignProPlus-Chip

SignProPlus-Chip Premium Subscriber

Feb 19, 2012
    Bluffton, SC
    The tangents are making my teeth itch. Too much tension. Nothing revolutionary, looks like every other RGBY logo out there

5. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I'm remorseful of all those wasted years...when I used to believe that branding was all about differentiation.

JB

6. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    re-branding is a sign that the latest bizz model is failing,,

7. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    ive seen worse, it dont bother me but I bet they paid $125k for it and probably had pantone remove all those colors out of all books and if you use those colors you will be sued

8. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    In my opinion they missed the target, and a chance to really make a new statement. Using the colors from the old logo is the only thing I like about it.

Typographically, it looks like they just used a regular font and used kiss kerning between the letters.

I would have worked those letter forms to make the shapes more balanced to how the human eye views the overall design.

I think the e is ok, but the baseline in relation to the other letters and the way it hits the b is off. The counter-space in the b has too much offset, you need a little offset for small lettering but in large letters it's just too distracting.

The a is alright but I would have modified it with a slightly higher set bowl.

The y looks like it came from a different font altogether. Typically I like when letter forms touch, but this one is odd to me because the letter shapes don't really lend themselves to this tight kerning.

It would be interesting to know how much some ad agency got paid to do the re-design?

Attached Files:

9. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    Um....I like how the web page scrolls?