Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECO Sol Max Ink

Discussion in 'Roland' started by StudioSigns, Mar 17, 2006.

1. StudioSigns

StudioSigns Member

Jun 4, 2004
    I have a roland versa-camm SP-300 and I am using Flexi for outputting. I just switched over to the new Eco-sol Max inks and downloaded the new profiles from scanvec and the prints are terrible. The colors are extremely dark. I have to output in Hi-Quality Mode or else I get banding in the prints. I have tried using other profiles for output but not having much luck. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Tags:
  2. High Octane

High Octane Active Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Fenton, Michigan
    I'm having banding issues currently still using the original eco inks.

3. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

I switched over to Max inks about three weeks ago (SC 500). Love em! Much briter colors than before, they dry allot faster to. Love the Roland profiles as well (Color Choice2).

Id say, check your settings and calibration.

4. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    I don't like the way Flexi prints. The profiles aren't very good, banding issues arise, lays down to much ink. They really need to improve them. VersaWorks does a great job printing.

5. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Using Versa Works also on the Roland SP540V. Like it with the Oracal 3651 and the appropriate profiles. No banding, no over deposit of inks. Running the Eco Sol Max inks.

6. gtjet

gtjet Active Member

Jun 3, 2005
    We use Flexi 7.5V5 still and orajet 3651G with flexi profiles and so far are getting great results with the max inks.

7. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    I have been happy using the presets in Flexi for vector images but have better luck using Versaworks for bitmap images.

8. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    I switched to Triangle bulk inks a month ago, they dry faster and are tougher than the Eco-sol IMHO. I can wipe a wet felt squeegee across any of my prints and they don't scratch or fade.
    I also had everything profiled, monitor, printer, scanner, camera, and life has been pretty.
    Studio Signs, take a look at your linearization settings, if I remember correctly, I had them set at C=75,M=75,Y=65,K=75 for the max ink.

9. Johnny Go

Johnny Go New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    We have a 6 year old sp-300v and use eco-sol max inks. We don't get any banding even in high speed (Low Quality) mode. Occasionally we get some banding if there has been a serious headstrike but after a powerful cleaning everything is crisp and clean and stays that way. Regular maintenance on these machines goes a long way to keeping your quality up.

10. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Talk about digging up an old thread....

11. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    we had sp-300, now have vp-540 and xc-540 all with versaworks and eco-sol max ink
    always have good outputs other then some minor problems but never anything with the ink

12. john1

john1 Guest

i find if the machine isn't cleaned for a few days and not used i get major banding. After cleanings it always clears up for me.