• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

eco sol max inks safe?

NO COINCEDENCE BROTHER ! Apologies in advance for my rant.
I dont smoke and NEVER eat Maccas or crap, only as healthy food as I can get. Most of the time from the health food shop or farmers markets
I had a Mimaki JV33 for 8yrs and recon eco means economy.
Any brand.... Mimakiller, Rollandoverandie, Mutovernkillme are words that come to mind. and recon ECO means economy. It CANT be Ecology !

a. Solvent, Eco or not, is poison !!!!
(Eco is like mild cigs). It has no warnings on bottles and re sellers /manufacturers hide it (Like the Surgeon General liked Camels)
b. Bad machine in many ways and poison fumes. Made me sick.
c. Crazy prices for heads (AUS $1000). Crazy prices for techs to fix/install usually printer offline for at least a day before tech arrived,
and charging between $200 & $400 with no parts supplied by him.
d. At least 24-48hrs to dry...with more fumes in studio work area as I used to hang prints over drying bars and had stuff up there constantly
e. Track marks appear after a month or so on close inspection after new heads installed.
f. Ink to edge no good as it attacks the glue and curls up (I like my stickers FLAT) needs a white border
Far too many negatives in my humble opinion

3 years ago I dumped that killer/horror printer and bought a HP2600. WOW!!!! ( would love the 3600 )
A. NO poison fumes
B. HEADS $250 Aus or about $110 US
C. NO TECH needed to replace heads and other parts.... its a DIY and easy
D. Warranty on heads and if a problem are replaced free
C. NO wait time, can be cut and applied immediately .....an amazing boon to my business...Like 100% better speed and service.
E. FASTER in more ways than just printing...
F. WASTAGE is much less. You waste 100mm at the start of a roll and lose approx 800mm at the end of a roll (45m) and rarely reprint anything.
G. Latex Ink is a good price and not worth converting to bulk ink
H. Lasts as long out doors as solvent TS or ES... I live in tropical Queensland Australia and get plenty of sun on my signs
I. Prints on fabric, canvas, PVC and of course SAV
J. ALWAYS WITH PERFECT RESULTS

I've prob'ly got a lot more positives for HP and firmly believe the manufacturers of solvent printers will be sued in the future and eventually stop making them.
OR perhaps they can be honest about the solvent fumes at least with proper warnings on the containers and maybe save a few lives,
and cover their own arses.

ps I still love my Mimaki CG130fx Plotter though and still use my 20yr old GerberEdge..and have 25 sign foils in use.
AND lastly, but most important I found all HP staff amazing, caring and extremely helpful, unlike Mimaki,( I gave up on them)
pps my emphysema has halted too.....I think...
Mal

Johnny Best

Whenever running my printer that uses the eco solvent ink I eat Organic Almond Butter and it seems to take the VOC out of the room.