• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eco-Sol Max?

ABPGraphics

Ok, So lately we've been having major trouble with our supplier.... They constantly send CoD's even though we have a credit card on file with them and they ask us it just about every time. They bill the credit card and then they send CoD's which we've told them to NEVER EVER send a CoD. Then we get a bill that has a bunch of stuff on it from like june of last year that has already been payed for.

So... long story short we're switching suppliers and the new supplier that we're using doesn't carry the ink we've been using (EcoSol Max) So I was going to ask you guys what the damage would be if we switched inks in our Roland SP 300V. Would we have to flush our whole printer? Are there any pro's and cons of switching to a different ink and what ink would you guys recommend? The new vendor supplies Mega Ink, Bordeaux, LIquecolor and they all say they can be mixed and matched with OEM Inks. What are your guys's thoughts?

veloxgraphics

I would recommend flushing if you switch inks... the solvent may be OEM compatible, but the pigment itself will likely not be a 100% match. It would really suck to be in the middle of a print, and OH LOOK, the color shifted because all the OEM ink that was in the lines is now used and the new ink is flowing through the head.

ProColorGraphics

It sounds like you are going to be using Fellers from you ink brand listing. Can't you just order your ink from someone like Ordway Sign Supply? They are pretty close to you.

gary barron

yes, i have run into the same problem, the tech guy had to come out to replace some
sensor strips and blessed me out for using 3rd party inks. we had to flush out the lines and go with o.e.m. inks. and everything seems to be back normal. we also called fellers
and they took the inks away and gave us a credit. stay with the eco-sol....

ABPGraphics

Cool, Thanks for your responses guys. Since you all seem to be singing the same note do any of you have a good supplier that sells Eco-Sol Max Inks at a reasonable price? Someone mentioned Ordway.... Maybe we'll check them out.

joeshaul

I usually get my OEM inks from Ordway. I've found it cheaper from a few other places, but Ordway does the free shipping which makes it about the same/slightly cheaper, they also have quick response time, which is helpful since I don't have a sign supply company within 100 miles of me.

fullcircle

We get aftermarket ink from a place called red giant it works great 440ml cost us $69 no need to flush system plug and go.Been using it for a year or so. Here's the info. if your interested.

Herman Shin,
Managing Director,
REDGIANT USA, Inc.
20280 S. Vermont Avenue, Suite 200, Torrance, CA 90502
Tel : 310-515-7035 310-515-7035
Mobile : 310-713-6112 310-713-6112
Fax : 310-515-0650
e-mail : redgiantink@gmail.com

Salmoneye

I had a guy that worked for roland in their consumable dept for years and then went to work as a salesperson and service guy. He was telling me the manufacturers that actually supplied Roland's media etc... He said "Look, I am not selling you a machine (as I live over 1,000 miles away) and I am not servicing yours but I will tell you that almost 100% of the heads I replace or service are running 3rd party inks. I would never run any of them, it's just not worth it." Maybe he is full of crap but I don't spend thousands of dollars on ink, so to me is isn't worth it either.

grafixemporium

I'd find another supplier for Roland inks. Any horror story is one too many horror stories for me when it comes to 3rd party inks. There are plenty of horror stories, just search around. For every one person that swears by (insert 3rd party ink here) it seems there there are 2 others who have had problems.

We currently buy EcoSol 440s from Graphic Solutions Group for around $120. Anyone have a better source?

JETBEST USA

Hi ABP Graphics

I recommend that you do a complete flush of your system so that you avoid any cross contamination between your previous ink and your new one. However if you are using Eco SolMax at the moment here at JETBEST we offer one of the highest quality inks out there today that is fully compatible and at a great price. We are so confident that you will be completely satisfied with our product that we offer you 2 trial cartridges, and can even help with the flush process.
Our 440 sells at $59.00 but we nave a very simple conversion to bulk that sells for $45.00 per 1/2 liter.
Angel Ochoa
angel@jetbestusa.com
818-287-5899

Last edited:

xcain

Using 3rd party inks can cost $$$$ when it comes to repairs. The seller of those inks usually will blame the printer not the ink. Black and Magenta have given me the most problems. And when inks start getting into the electronics WATCH OUT!

high impact

We used Triangle inks for over three years and I never realized all the problems we were fighting in regards to the third party inks until...we replaced the heads (for the second time, I'd get about a year and a half head life), flushed everything, replaced all rubber o-rings and dampers and switched back to OEM MAX inks. Best printer decision I ever made!!! The printer is working like a dream, profiles are great and no more clogged nozzles every other day. Think twice before switching to third party, I regret the last three years of profile and maintenance issues.

JETBEST USA

Yes you could certainly spend a ton of money with third party inks if you jump into it without doing some research, however if you take the time to look around and see what other people are saying about a specific product you may just realize how much money you can save and how much more room you will have to compete with today's dropping rates. I invite you to research Jetbest inks and see what long time users are saying about it.

ABPGraphics

I actually just ended up going with Ordway for our inks. They shipped them quick and gave several responses and a tracking number no problem. They did a good job.

They ended up being 64.95 and no shipping a piece for the 220 ones...
It's too bad Denver Sign Supply didn't give me the 59.95 deal or I would have went to them being as they are like 3 hours away from me. They PM'd me and gave me a 67.95 price so Ordway was the way I went.