Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eco-Solvent printable label stock for print/cut labels on plastic jugs

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Doyle, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    A customer wants some labels printed for gallons of apple cider. The label stock they have currently used is just glossy white and the adhesive grabs on really quick. I tried a piece of vinyl and the adhesion is pretty poor on this surface. I am hoping to print/cut these on my roland vp-540i. Can anyone recommend a material that might work for this application? Does not have to be glossy, matte would work also. Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
  3. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

Orajet 3105HT. sticks like glue.

4. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    we use oracal 3651 for a lot of different applications, i would think that would stick. if not all the major brands make hi-tac vinyls (oracal, avery & 3M) any of those would work

5. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Thank you for the replies. Though I will still keep looking for the right media for this type of job, I think that I will just sub the order out at this time. Royster is right, I can get them printed and shipped to my door for about 2 cents more per label over what my cost would be using even a economy vinyl (which doesn't work for this application anyway).