• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge FX Gradient

723fuzzy

I am just wondering how I can get a smooth transition from one color to another. I am trying to print yellow on orange and go from one to the other. Even if I design it in illy and import it I still get "bands" real bad.. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shannon

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I am not sure of the whole LPI settings thing...

Therein lies your problem. What you need to do is to get sure of them.

If you're working with vectors, forget the Gerbertone and switch to Classic Dot which gives you LPI setting control. LPI controls the size of the dots and works like this:

The smaller the dot the less you are aware of the dots but the less "tonal quality" you will have. When you reduce tonal quality, things are more like solids and you also see more banding.

The larger the LPI number, the smaller the dots. So if you are getting banding, lower the LPI setting until you have an acceptable compromise. A good middle setting for Classic Dot is an LPI of 53.

If you are working with a bitmap then use the STC Photo halftone and try the same 53 for the LPI.

723fuzzy

Here is a test I printed. (thanks to Pat) and I hope I have done something wrong. The quality of this is at best sucks. Any way like I said I know understasnd a little more and I am trying to learn bit by bit. So thanks to all who are willing to shed help.

723fuzzy

gradientprint.jpg