Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edge II pressure issue

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Coban, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Coban

Coban New Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Hemet
    Anyone seen this? Tech Support says that it is uneven pressure on the contact area and told me to loosen up a few bolts and shut the printer a few times "aggressively".

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
    Tags:
  2. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

Did they (Gerber) see the picture, if so I'm sure they would blame the material, does not look like Gerber.

3. Browner

Browner Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Winnipeg
    Iv'e got the same issue, but it only appears when I print on LexEdge, and only when I'm printing a halftone or gradient. Solid prints are fine.

Was wondering if it's fixable adjusting the "pressure" and "pressure cal" settings on the Edge. Anyone know what they do?

The pressure setting has a range of 600 - 1400, and mine is currently set at 1150. Pressure Cal ranges from -100 to 100, and is set at 0.

Curious.

4. Coban

Coban New Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Hemet
    After speaking with Gerber and doing some alignment tests, they said I have something else going. So I found another Edge 2 that had a bad power supply and swapped the power supply and got it printing. However I'm getting some issues with the image printing. Looks like the bottom .25" of the job is not printing. Any ideas? Loose data cable?

It did get bumped around from shipping but would the image still be so crisp? First image show a .25" line that is the crop mark

Attached Files:

5. Browner

Browner Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Winnipeg