• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge Printhead Cost?

bcpop

What is Gerber charging now to replace the printhead in a Edge 1 now?
I just had the second pixle blow up in the middle of the print area. I have had one blown for about a year but it was right at the bottom edge and I could work around it. About 5 years ago it was $1800 plus freight.

bcpop

I am really hoping for some feed back here. Has no one had to have their printhead replaced lately?

Molenbeek

To replace the printhead on an Edge you are probably looking in the $4-5,000 area. Thats the average repair i see. Gerber is offering a $7,000 trade-in right now as well to trade-up to the FX.

petepaz

we have a piel in the middle out also
i called the dealer told me they send it out to gerber to get it to be fixed
i have to call gerber and go through tech support and get a return auth #
and then bring it to my dealer and they send it to gerber
so what do i need the dealer for if i have to do the leg work
but i am supposed to talk to the dealer then they call the dealer and give him a quote then the dealer calls and gives me a quote

will gerber fix it direct with out the dealer?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I paid apx. $3,500 to replace the print head on my Edge 2 a while back. I bet it's much more now. Shipping was an additional $300. I have the service contract on it now...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The last I heard was the $4K to $5K range posted earlier but I don't know for certain. I do consider that it's high enough to be cost prohibitive as compared to replacing the unit with a used one that is still working well.