• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EDGE2 / Oracal Question...

Browner

I don't see anything wrong with the "V"... the flag however, could be that the printhead hasn't "warmed up" enough before it starts printing the red.

Make a box before your design 11.8 inches tall by 1 - 2 inches wide, and fill it with the Red. Then, when it goes to print the stripes of the flag, it should be nice and "hot" ?

Tony Teveris

The Red and Blue are printed as overprints over the white foil. I printed the job and what I see is that the red is not printing (adhering) to the edge of the red stripes. The Blue is fine.

I don't have the wavy look. Mine looks way better than the pic above. The job is small, only about 1.75" tall and 2" long

Prints the white first then the lettering to the right (I forgot what color) then the red and then blue.

I real think it's just a red overprinting on white problem. I need to talk to the materials group to see if there are any known problems.

Kevin T

I ran the spl as well and had the same results as Tony. Nothing wavy or pixalated it looks fine. I wonder if this is a data cable issue? Are you running the old lpt cable or the new lpt to usb option?

Tony Teveris

Again looking at this job I think that the red is over transfering so within GspPlot I would set the fire settings to light and try it. Within Omega 2.1 I think there is a button underthe Materil list (not the foil list) in the 123 dialog, set the overprint to light/er and try. Also do other foils tdo the same or just red?

cptcorn

adad
Again looking at this job I think that the red is over transfering so within GspPlot I would set the fire settings to light and try it. Within Omega 2.1 I think there is a button underthe Materil list (not the foil list) in the 123 dialog, set the overprint to light/er and try. Also do other foils tdo the same or just red?

I looked at the file, and all of our other files and all of the overprint settings are set to "Lighter"

It seems I only see this problem mainly with either White or Ruby Red foils (since i see these colors the most) I've even opened up new foils to try, same result... as you can see the blue laid down fine..

PS, if a mod reads this, Oracal should be removed from the title, since this is not an Oracal issue...