• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge2 pauses during print, foil keeps spooling

Lately my Edge2 is acting up (last months more so) . Today I sent a job with 48" stripes to it with a total run of 16', it runs fine but then after the first 48" or so the material pauses.. But the foil keeps spooling.. Then the machine resumes printing. The odd thing is it does this at precisely 12" intervals. It leaves a mark at where it began to print again.. Any ideas as to what it could be? Or what can I do to eliminate the issue? This traces back to when I did the switch from XP to windows7.. Just isn't the same machine sometimes :(

Tony Teveris

Make a spool file from GspPlot (File/Save as Spool File) instead of hitting the Print button in GspPlot. Once the spool file is created open and print it from GQMgr (Open and Print). This just insures that the data is all generated and ready to be output.

Your Edge should not be starving for data but it sounds like it is.

Are you using the older USB to Parallel cable or the newer one? Not that this should make a difference.

J Hill Designs

did you try to prespool the file like he suggested? if it works, you have some sort of bottleneck...processor speed, RAM used, etc

Tony Teveris

The cable is fine. make the spool file as I suggested. If the spool file approach fails email me the spool file as I would like to duplicate it here if possible.

Here's my machine's specs. SP1 Windows7
Thanks guys !:rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 72

Bill Modzel

I wrestled with this issue quite awhile and in my case, it was a humidity issue, or lack of humidity I should say. I have a small office humidifier that I fire up in Nov or December now and have never had the problem since.