• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Editing bitmap - need help

FeLiXXX

Hi!
I really need some help. How can I in corel draw make pictures like this in attachment picture? Can I do this in corel draw? I just need to add preview picture to surface.
I use corel X5 and I can't figure it out.
Anyone? Please...

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 206

sneakers

First you need to remove the background around the table by masking or cropping then rotate the beans and powerclip the beans into the top of the table. All done in Corel.

FeLiXXX

Ok. I did try this. But If I have different picture which have to be all in this table. How to do this?
Like this in attachment. All world map have to be on table like it is. So custumer can see exactly what will get.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 171

FeLiXXX

I find picture what I want to do. Like u see flag on the right is flag same as flag on table. But it look like it is "stretch" on table.
When I try with powerclip I lose some parts of picture which I want to put on table.

Attachments

• 788_z.jpg
    788_z.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 164

phototec

I find picture what I want to do. Like u see flag on the right is flag same as flag on table. But it look like it is "stretch" on table.
When I try with powerclip I lose some parts of picture which I want to put on table.

It doesn't look like you lost any of the image to me, everything is there, just at an extreme perspective.

I don't use Corel, this is very easy to do in Photoshop using the TRANSFORM, DISTORT tool, with NO loss of any of the image or you can crop if you like.

phototec

In Photoshop, you use layers, and just add the flag image to the layer above the table, then using the TRANSFORM DISTORT tool, you drag each corner of the flag to the corresponding corner of the table, making the flag image match the perspective of the table, without distorting the table image that is on it's own layer below.

Attachments

• 8 MOD.jpg
    8 MOD.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 110

phototec

@phototec tnx a lot :9
I will try in photoshop. I will post result.
Tnx again.

There has always been a pissing contest between Corel and Adobe users, I have used both and always preferred the Adobe products, and for photo work nothing beats PS.

For Vector work (IMO) nothing beats Illy, and for bitmapped projects noting beats PS, each is specialized for the particular task and the migration between them is amazing.

I don't say this to start anything with all the Corel users, anyone can use whatever tool they prefer and know how to use. I have just been using Adobe products
since doing a beta test for Photoshop before it was ever called that, sometime late in 1988....

FeLiXXX

WOW...
photoshop is great. 5 min. of work...I was trying to do ths in corel for about 5-6 uhrs!
I like it alot :toasting:
Thank you one million times.
And this is result.

Attachments

• 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 168

OldPaint

IF you have corel draw.......you more then likly have COREL PHOTOPAINT.............
anything you can do in photoshop.............can be done in corel photopaint))))))))))))))))))
and what you did can be done in 5 minutes in COREL PHOTOPAINT........when you know how to do it))))

CES020

the problem with doing this in coreldraw is you can't put perspective on bitmaps (at least up to X5)

You don't need to, he had the photos. He just needed to clip it.

Simple-

1) Using the pen tool, create the 4 points of the table top (diamond shape).

2) Place the vector table top shape over the image you want on the table top.

3) Powerclip the image using the table top shape.

4) Drag power clipped image top onto original table top image.

5) Done.

phototec

You don't need to, he had the photos. He just needed to clip it.

Simple-

1) Using the pen tool, create the 4 points of the table top (diamond shape).

2) Place the vector table top shape over the image you want on the table top.

3) Powerclip the image using the table top shape.

4) Drag power clipped image top onto original table top image.

5) Done.

Really, this method will rotate the image to the correct angle and change the perspective to match that of the table? I don't think so!

CES020

True, but I would hope he would know he can't take a flat image and clip it into a perspective view. You'd have to distort the image you are going to clip.
Either program, you still need to distort the image to the angle of the table before applying the mask in photoshop or the powerclip in corel.

iSign

[SUB]u[/SUB]
It's called power clipping in Corel. It's about the same amount of time as your PS venture.

So, you're saying "same amount of time" to do the easy half of the job in Corel, compared to completing the job in PS?
(You don't need to do a mask in PS, with a transparent background, you distort the rectangular image, into the foreshortened version, with a few mouse clicks, in one tool... and you're done...

I'm sure Joe is right about photopaint, but if "power clipping" is just "masking", and if that's as far as Corel Draw wi go with this... it may not represent any inferiority compared to Illustrator, but photoshop certainly has it beat here...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you can't afford Photoshop on top of your Corel Draw app - $10.00 bolt-on that works with X5 and up:

[video=youtube;ROXN4zNyJR8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROXN4zNyJR8&list=UUNP9yOyGAS4jh25qKMpaN8w[/video]

wayne k
guam usa

CES020

[SUB]u[/SUB]

So, you're saying "same amount of time" to do the easy half of the job in Corel, compared to completing the job in PS?
(You don't need to do a mask in PS, with a transparent background, you distort the rectangular image, into the foreshortened version, with a few mouse clicks, in one tool... and you're done...

I'm sure Joe is right about photopaint, but if "power clipping" is just "masking", and if that's as far as Corel Draw wi go with this... it may not represent any inferiority compared to Illustrator, but photoshop certainly has it beat here...

How's it half the job? In both, you have to distort the image, in both, you have to create a mask of some sort to get it done. Both will do it complete, not half way. In both,you end up with the same thing. I'm not sure how that's half the job.

neato

The above posts are correct. No bitmap perspective in Corel. Personally, I think its' one of the major drawbacks of the program. I can't tell you how many times I've needed it but just had fudge something.

I never knew there was a plugin available. Looks like I'll be buying that right now. Thanks for posting that Wayne!

CES020

I guess i'm imagining the tools under "Bitmap" that says "3d", "Perspective" and allows you to put a perspective on a bitmap.

Or in Photopaint, where it allows the same thing.

I'm not suggesting you should use one over the other. Use the one that works for you, but don't tell people it can't be done in Corel, because it can.