• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFF YOU RASTERLINK! Stops working after 3 years says not registered

petesign

Been having serious issues with printer. Get those worked out and get ready to print all day today to try and get caught up, and freaking rasterlink opens, and files have not registered all over them when I print. So I go deregister the program, and re-register it. Says the same thing. I go to system restore for a month ago... same damn thing.

If it's not one thing its another, been here 6 hours, and managed to get about 6 linear feet printed before the piece of $*^&$ software vomited on my day. WTF.

How do I get this piece of crap to realize its a registered piece of crap so I can get my business going again?

many thanks in advance.
-Pete

fmg

Same thing happened to me.
Call Mimaki helpline they will get that fixed for you.Happened a few years back so cant remember what they did but it worked.
Just realized try unloading re-loading raster link and the printer management this may cure it! Timely but I think this does work.

petesign

Yeah, if it were a weekday that would help. Amazing how things seem to mess up at the worst times. LOL

petesign

Ok uninstalled, and reinstalled now after install and reboot, I click on rasterlink, and it says mimaki webservice (launcher) has stopped working. Right off the bat, which makes me think it's the same problem with the old install. You'd think it would have been reloaded with a fresh install off of the cd. Anyone ever seen this one before?

thewvsignguy

If it's not one thing its another, been here 6 hours, and managed to get about 6 linear feet printed before the piece of $*^&$ software vomited on my day. WTF.

How do I get this piece of crap to realize its a registered piece of crap so I can get my business going again?

many thanks in advance.
-Pete

This is why I don't work on weekends!

petesign

something weird is going on, it wont uninstall the rasterlink web service in order to reinstall the software. It's all apparently tied to this part of the software, this is what they use to validate your copy with I guess. About to reinstall a clean version of windows and start over i guess.

petesign

clean windows install fixed the problem. Looks like the fan on the power supply has gone bad too. What next? I vhb taped a small fan to the back of the computer to keep it going until tomorrow. LOL.

Chipemulator

When rasterlink prints an overlay "not registered" that means software cannot acess some registration files on your HDD.

To solve problem you must:
1- try to deactivate it
2- remove rasterlink
3- delete manually rasterlink folders
4- reinstall rasterlink

if problem is not solved then
5- reinstall windows

if problem not solved then
6- format c:\
7- install windows
8- install rasterlink

regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Techman

if problem is not solved then
5- reinstall windows

if problem not solved then
6- format c:\
7- install windows
8- install rasterlink

NO!
There is absolutely no need to do that drastic reconstruction.
in the registry. You have to clean out all the references to the software. All of it.
Delete all folders concerning that software.

that usually will get you back to normal.

turn off windows auto updates.

petesign

Something is screwy around here, that's for sure. Two battery backups died this morning. I think I've got a Gremlin.

Attachments

• gremlin on tap.jpg
    gremlin on tap.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 163

121a

Geez, sounds like terrible luck! We have had the "Not Registered" issue come up twice. For whatever reason the computer once BSOD while Rasterlink was running, this probably corrupted the registration file. Second time power went out while Rasterlink was open, again probably corrupted the registration file. Standard procedure is to:
1. Deactivate Rasterlink
2. Remove all files (follow instructions with Rasterlink)
3. Turn off computer/turn back on
4. Install Rasterlink with profiles
5. Setup Rasterlink and profiles and print.

petesign

121a that's what happened here. Once the power supply on the pc overheated, and it shut off while rasterlink was running, and then two days later the freaking battery backup died and did the same thing. Nice to know your software shells everytime the power goes out.