• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ElevenTen Ink / Tekgraf OUT OF BUSINESS

kenjb

Hey Yalll. Just got word from our distributor that ElevenTen and Tekgraf has closed their doors. Great timing considering we are having NOT ORIGINAL issues with the latest 20 440ml cartridges we purchased from them. :omg2:

kustom.printing

Could they be changing there name as to not have to honour there guarantee when printers start breaking down.

I don't understand why people put there health and expensive printers at risk to save very little, if you can't make a good profit without saving a few pence on inks now is the time to quit.

S

Stan B

Could they be changing there name as to not have to honour there guarantee when printers start breaking down.

I don't understand why people put there health and expensive printers at risk to save very little, if you can't make a good profit without saving a few pence on inks now is the time to quit.

some places use more ink in a few months than a printer worth, so saving on costs makes a great sence even considering all the risks

kenjb

OK Anyone having NOT ORIGINAL issues with eleven ten ink, PM me. I just worked out a firware downgrade solution that makes all the eleventen smart cards work.

And for the record, saving 60 percent on inks does make sense when we are using 2 or 3 50 yard rolls on each printer per week.

kustom.printing

Maybe but what about health affects as they are a lot worse on my VP 540 than ECO SOL MAX inks.

How long have they been running for fade tests and other test over time.

CustomRide

Yeah nothing like a warranty :thumb:

We started using lyson ink by nazdar and I swear its identical to roland's eco-sol max except its more durable....odor is the same and so on. %100 plug and play no flush...no crusting around the print heads cause the ink dries too fast. Roland profiles stay the same too.

You can chug it by the:

Gallon call'em
Liter $115
440cc $80
220cc = $40

kenjb

It's a shame. The inks are great. No smell, better durability. From what I hear Tekgraf bought ElevenTen this past year. And Tekgraf went belly up which apparently took ElevenTen with them. Makes sense why emails and telephone calls have not been returned in a week. Another one bites the dust.....

Steenland

Old Member
Tekgraf out of business

It looks like it happened suddenly last Wednesday (Dec. 16). From what I can tell, the employees had no idea, but there's already an online group for "Tekgraf Survivors." (Message on their front page: "Tekgraf is Toast."

What a crummy way to treat your customers (not to mention your employees). Scott Barker and the other officers should be ashamed! No message on the phones, nothing on the websites to indicate anything is wrong. The phones at the Chicago and Livermore warehouses are now hooked up to fax machines I think.

Does anyone have any idea who will be the new distributor for 3M Commercial Graphics products? Thanks.

-Jonathan

grafixemporium

And for the record, saving 60 percent on inks does make sense when we are using 2 or 3 50 yard rolls on each printer per week.

Apparently it doesn't make sense after all... now that you are all stuck without support.

If that 60% were a significant amount of money in relation to overall production costs, I'd say you might be right. However, the 60% you say you are saving amounts to only a fraction of the overall production cost. It's not like you are saving hundreds of dollars per job by using a cheaper ink. It's just not worth cutting corners in my opinion.

How exactly are you coming up with 60% savings anyway? Even the Eleven Ten website states UP TO 30% savings.

Trust me, it wasn't fun for any of us. It also continues to be very unfun with no sign of changing.

I no longer have tools to allow support or access to my documentation (nor can I comment on the unexpected shutdown) but I personally set up the support website http://www.eleventensupport.com and as a result I still own it and have access to it*. If anyone has ink related questions they are free to ask and I will help best I can, although at this point I can't issue replacement cartridges (obviously).

* I think, on the owning it part.

I know several great people that worked for Tekgraf/1110 color. I know they will bounce back strong. They are talented people and I hope some of them will move to Florida and work for my Dealership. There still seems to be the issue with the chips on the Mimaki carts. I have had several in the last week. When I get a resolution, I will let you all know. The rumor on the street is that the bank called the $$$ and it wasn't there. It will be interesting to see how the bank handles the inventory.

Techman

the bank called the $$$ and it wasn't there.

Wont be the first time some bean counter ruined a perfectly good business.

Just recently a peer of mine lost his entire machine shop. The place was running, making money and has / had contracts for government weapons parts. The bank froze the line of credit at about 20%. Now he is closed and 15 ppl out of work. Sheesh. With over 40 grand in the bank, bills all paid and cash flowing.
It ain't over yet either.

kenjb

Quick math on the ink cost for the naysayers.. Mutoh ink is about 80 bucks for a 220ml cartridge. 1110 was about 60 for a 440ml.. Do the math. And as for support, this being our fifth wide format solvent printer, we don't generally go crying the ink manufacturer with every little question or issue. (Especially after owning Mimakis with zero support and bordeau ink with crappy support). Bottom line is that the ink is great, some issues with cartridges and cards (to be expected with aftermarket). Shame that what looks to be a good money making well supportive company goes under because of crappy management for the new owners. We would entertain purchasing 110 if the price was right. hmmmm

Who would be the best for a mutoh 1614. Warranty will be up soon, so I want to switch. Prowraps, do you use OEM once your other printers were out of warranty or after market?

OCsteve

We switched to Lyson inks for our Mimaki JV 3 about 6 months ago. Just plugged them in and kept on printing. Colors are great. Maybe a little more odor. $85 for 440 ml. cartridge.