• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Employee handbook

ExposeJustin

Any of you have a good employee handbook you could share? I am trying to re-organize from the ground up and need to start with a good handbook that I can tailor and edit to our specific shop.

One that included individual jobs/positions and their responsibilities would be awesome. Any FastSigns folks out there? I think they have a pretty decent one.

All the best!

:thankyou:

weaselboogie

You can start by redoing your logo.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fedexpose.jpg
    fedexpose.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 135

ExposeJustin

Wow, you guys are brutal.

If you re-read my original post you will see the words "re-organize" and "from the ground up". It was a simple request for ideas/help in rebuilding some framework.

:readthread:

I had no part in the creation or mantra of the logo, but, if you must know, its in the process of being re-done as well.

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST:

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas/examples of employee handbooks? One that might include individual job titles and descriptions?

Thanks to those of you who actually read this board for what its worth, not the mistakes or mis-steps of others.

petepaz

This is for the smart a$$ comment at the end of your last post...

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=employee+manual+templates

:doh:

i thought now a days that's always your first move especially with something generic like that.
but i think this is a rather easy thing any way. just start by making an outline similar to what we learned in like 5th grade
I. job title
a. job responsibilities
b.
c.
II. rules of the office
a.

b.
III. why i got fired
a. i didn't follow lines I. & II.

Circleville Signs

Here's the real question, and obviously one that you haven't asked yourself yet.

Why would someone just hand you a proprietary tool that they have developed through hard work of their own, and that is invaluable in how they set themselves apart from their competition.

They had to work hard to get theirs - why shouldn't you do the same? An Employee handbook, or any other type of operations manual needs to be specific to YOUR business.

cdiesel

And you're the only 3M Certified shop in Lauderdale? I'm sure Ryan & Wade would take issue with that...