• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Employee mistakes

player

I think all the 1% CEO $XX,000,000 salaries are a result of Harvard Master of Business MBA programs. Not just Harvard, but Yale and all the other university MBA programs. They are training these guys to graduate and screw everyone. That is their contribution to society.

Andy D

With credible reports of the top 1% receiving nearly 100% of the income and wealth growth since 2008, its high time we take a hard look at income inequality as a major destabilizing force in America.

Yeah, I don't know Tim, My Daughter and I debate this stuff all the time too, and what I think is I'm pretty happy with my lot in life, like 99% of other Americans, I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge,
And I have enough money left over to do stuff and buy the gadgets that make me happy. I don't care that other people are super rich and I'm not. What if we took all their money and divided it up? The price of everything
would skyrocket over night & average guys like you and me really wouldn't be any better off, no?

Jwalk

Yeah, I don't know Tim, My Daughter and I debate this stuff all the time too, and what I think is I'm pretty happy with my lot in life, like 99% of other Americans, I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge,
And I have enough money left over to do stuff and buy the gadgets that make me happy. I don't care that other people are super rich and I'm not. What if we took all their money and divided it up? The price of everything
would skyrocket over night & average guys like you and me really wouldn't be any better off, no?

That's an interesting take, never heard quite like that.

Andy D

That's an interesting take, never heard quite like that.

Thanks... I think:smile:

and the other part of it is, if we did slash the CEO's pay from 450 times what the floor worker make, to say... 10 to 1
Do you think the workers will see any of that money? I doubt it, any more than the company would start paying more for parts/materials because they could.
That money would be
divvied up via shareholders dividends.

0igo

this is what i like about living in california. you can go hire the homeless for some booze and they get the job done.

TimToad

Now I feel that I'm hijacking the thread, but this will be my last words on this.

I'm thrilled that life has treated you well, but I'd argue with your statistics. I'd also argue that prices of everything wouldn't skyrocket at all if we gradually reversed some of the excesses that have been building since the late 70's.

In fact, the economy would probably smoothly revert back to the kind of stability and opportunity that we saw from the late 50's to the mid-70's. Nobody is looking to "take all of their money and divide it up" You've bought into the propaganda of the 1%ers to make sure we never challenge their control. If you are comfortable with just being satisfied with life and can ignore the fact that 1 out of 4 kids in America suffer from food insecurity much of the time, then that is your right.

Just don't try to pass it off that 99% of us are satisfied with our lot in life. I have it great, I own a successful company, have investments, make a good living and am comfortably upper middle class, but my eyes are wide open to the suffering of many of my fellow citizens. And that's not even speaking too our fellow humans and non-humans around the world who struggle just to survive.

There is nowhere near the level of life satisfaction that you think there is. We have huge economic insecurity in America and most of it can be attributed to the policies that have shifted the tax burden away from corporations and the rich and onto the backs of the working classes. Homelessness, food insecurity, hunger, lack of educational access, lack of healthcare, decent affordable housing, stagnant and falling wages for nearly the entire working classes, shifting tax burdens from the rich to the middle class, government handouts, subsidies and tax shelters for the rich, blah....blah....blah.......Nearly all of it can be placed at the feet of the 1% that has had a stranglehold on our collective wealth for the last 40 years.

Our government is actually providing tax shelters and breaks to companies that move their jobs overseas. There are trillions of dollars per year worth of earnings being housed offshore by U.S. based corporations that set up a dummy office in a tax haven and exploit the loopholes THEY got passed into law.

TheSnowman

So glad it's just me in my shop. I've seen other family members lose their minds dealing with this same stuff. There's way's to correct it, sure...but man, my life seems so simple when I read some of this stuff.

Nuagedesigns

We as business owners are exactly that, "We own the business" whether it be success, failure, or mistakes by employees. Our employees are an extension of us, we own it all.

The biggest mistake was when I was first starting out getting into the larger scale Digital printing and we were doing some larger trailer graphics. My designer/ printer operator scaled a print improperly in the rip software and when it came time to install it was way to large. It happens. Re-print and move on. Like others said it become habit maybe its time to take a look at the employee a little closer and reevaluate their skill set.

We also screen print textiles and know that there is going to be issues with some jobs and have to consider it as part of business expenses. We re all human

Andy D

In fact, the economy would probably smoothly revert back to the kind of stability and opportunity that we saw from the late 50's to the mid-70's. Nobody is looking to "take all of their money and divide it up" You've bought into the propaganda of the 1%ers to make sure we never challenge their control. If you are comfortable with just being satisfied with life and can ignore the fact that 1 out of 4 kids in America suffer from food insecurity much of the time, then that is your right.

Just don't try to pass it off that 99% of us are satisfied with our lot in life. I have it great, I own a successful company, have investments, make a good living and am comfortably upper middle class, but my eyes are wide open to the suffering of many of my fellow citizens. And that's not even speaking too our fellow humans and non-humans around the world who struggle just to survive.

There is nowhere near the level of life satisfaction that you think there is. We have huge economic insecurity in America and most of it can be attributed to the policies that have shifted the tax burden away from corporations and the rich and onto the backs of the working classes. Homelessness, food insecurity, hunger, lack of educational access, lack of healthcare, decent affordable housing, stagnant and falling wages for nearly the entire working classes, shifting tax burdens from the rich to the middle class, government handouts, subsidies and tax shelters for the rich, blah....blah....blah.......Nearly all of it can be placed at the feet of the 1% that has had a stranglehold on our collective wealth for the last 40 years.

Our government is actually providing tax shelters and breaks to companies that move their jobs overseas. There are trillions of dollars per year worth of earnings being housed offshore by U.S. based corporations that set up a dummy office in a tax haven and exploit the loopholes THEY got passed into law.

You're bringing up tax shelters and tax rate for the super rich, which I agree with you needs to be revised. I was speaking of private companies choosing to pay there CEO 450 times more than the blue collar floor workers, which is their prerogative,
and the government has no right or reason to interfere with. Also, I never said that 99% of Americans are satisfied with their lot in life, I said I was. There's a saying that contentment/happiness attracts money/success, not the other way around.
I truly believe most people would be much better off financially if they focused more on bettering themselves and finding happiness in their lives as it is, and worry less about what others are getting that they are not.

Marlene

I don't think 99% of Amercians are happy with their lot in life. glad you are but don't bulk the rest of us into your group. no one is asking for the wealth to be divided up, only that people are paid a fair day's wage for their work. the companies that complain the most about doing that are also the oens where the top people make more than they are worth