• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encad/Kodak NovaJet 600e?

foridesign

Can anyone give me some feedback on buying a Encad/Kodak NovaJet 600e? I'm thinking about buying one that for sale and the seller is asking $750 for it. I want it to start printing posters, banners, and so on. Would this be a good start for me, I just bought a GBC Titan 165 in which I have stored in storage. With these two items would you say that this is a good start or what would you do if at this you only had the GBC Titan 165? What is the next best step???

Techman

i have a 600 e and it used to run all the time. Lately I've been pursuing other things but there is a need for yard signs and other goodies and indoor stuff.

Ink and cartridge is cheap on ebay. materials is still easy to find and on ebay. This could be a good trainer for you to get up the color learning curve. Good luck. That price is a little high but if it runs good then your fine.

foridesign

Printing materials?

Thanks Techman! Can you tell me on what types of materials have you printed on other then just paper? Have you printed on vinyl such as vinyl scrim? I have only experienced printing onto vinyl scrim from HP on a 60" HP DesignJet 5500ps and the new Z6100ps.

:Big Laugh

Raulrdz

I have an Encad 600e runs okay, but I have been having trouble with heads giving out. I just ordered new park station parts to see if that helps to keep the heads from clogging up all the time. Try globalprintsupply.com they have heads and ink at reasonable prices. I just got through printing 250 16x20 posters.

foridesign

Thanks

Thank you Raulrdz! So about how long was the run time on printing thoses 250 prints and what's the largest size you've printed?

Bill Modzel

Hey flori,
I'm wondering, if you have an HP5500 why in the heck are you even considering the Novajet? Kinda like going from a Cadillac to a Nova isn't it?

foridesign

From a Cadillac to a Nova!

I don't own a HP DesignJet 5500. I work an part-time job runing a sign shop that I work off of at night were I produce client jobs from poster, banners, magnets, and etc!

Last edited: