• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

End of Daylight Savings Time screws up websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerbyCitySignGuy

So Derby, when you dropped that burrito on the floor, that was gravity at work, I hope your not a flat earth believer. They develope time zones because it is easier to understand because Greenwich, England is the starting place and time zones are figured out it takes the earth to rotate noon to noon. I never liked the 24 hour clock in the military, always wore a watch and set it to the time zone I was in at the time. I have never done any business through Japan, I have been there, and am glad they will be able to keep their flag as the rising sun. Yea, the Chinese will make one time zone for you and New Years Eve fireworks will go off all over the world at the same time.
You want everyone on earth to have the same timezone? Next, you will want a universal language.
I am still waiting to hear more about the roosters and race wars. when I see your posts it is like Fractured Fairy Tales with Mr. Peabody and I am Sherman. I have so much to learn from you.

Roosters don't crow at dawn. They crow whenever they feel like it. Common knowledge. If you're unaware of the fact that right wing lunatics in this country are (still) killing people for being non-white, you need to open your eyes and pay attention to what's going on around you.

Your = possessive adjective.
You're = contraction of you are.

They didn't develop time zones "because it is easier to understand" and the original use of time zones had nothing to do with GMT. GMT was developed a couple hundred years before modern time zones to aid mariners in determining their longitudinal positions from a single point in London. Time zones in the modern sense (i.e., globe spanning time zones based on GMT) didn't start until the early 1900s.

It's fine and dandy that you don't do business in Japan, since you don't do any business internationally, it sounds like you don't even have a dog in this fight, so why do you care? Not sure why you're against the idea of a universal language. Seems like it would be a great way to communicate internationally.

Just because YOU don't understand the necessity for adaptation in a changing world, doesn't mean other people aren't thinking about it. You can keep selling signs in BFE to locals and not have to worry about any of it. Anything else you need cleared up?

KMC

Graphic Artist
It's fine and dandy that you don't do business in Japan, since you don't do any business internationally, it sounds like you don't even have a dog in this fight, so why do you care? Not sure why you're against the idea of a universal language. Seems like it would be a great way to communicate internationally.

so since the most spoken language in the world is Mandarin Chinese (with 1.1 billion speakers) how good is yours? are you ready for when we switch to a universal language?

DerbyCitySignGuy

so since the most spoken language in the world is Mandarin Chinese (with 1.1 billion speakers) how good is yours? are you ready for when we switch to a universal language?

My Mandarin is pretty terrible, but I took a couple semesters in college. I can't read or write a lick. Not a great example though, considering there are hundreds of different dialects in Mandarin and sometimes people speaking the same language can't understand each other. It's also one of the more difficult languages to learn for non native speakers, especially those who don't speak tonal languages (not many people outside of Southeast Asia and sub-Saharan Africa).

If there were a universal language, my bet would be on Spanish or some pidgin derivative.

Would I be ready? Probably not, but I could definitely learn the language. My kids would be fine.

I'm starting to see a pattern here. Seems to be "me, me, me" versus "what's good for everyone".

Johnny Best

Thank you Mr. Peabody for the english lesson on your. And your thinking about it as you sit next to the printer working for someone else will not change anything, because you have a "know it all" attitude that I am sure that will take you far. I am adapting to your silly ideas that will never get past your head that they reside in. O yeah and you want to change the slogan "it's 5 o'clock somewhere", according to your world it is 5 o'clock everywhere. Just because I do not agree with you, you do not need to puff up and crow your abuses at me. (article 4 paragraph 6 of the members on S101 attitudes.) Adapt to the situation. You sound like one of those Right Wingers you talk about.
And BTW roosters like any bird have an internal clock when the day starts and will sing or in a rooster's case, crow before dawn.
I know, I go birding with my camera a few times a week before dawn.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Thank you Mr. Peabody for the english lesson on your. And your thinking about it as you sit next to the printer working for someone else will not change anything, because you have a "know it all" attitude that I am sure that will take you far. I am adapting to your silly ideas that will never get past your head that they reside in. O yeah and you want to change the slogan "it's 5 o'clock somewhere", according to your world it is 5 o'clock everywhere. Just because I do not agree with you, you do not need to puff up and crow your abuses at me. (article 4 paragraph 6 of the members on S101 attitudes.) Adapt to the situation. You sound like one of those Right Wingers you talk about.
And BTW roosters like any bird have an internal clock when the day starts and will sing or in a rooster's case, crow before dawn.
I know, I go birding with my camera a few times a week before dawn.

Nobody is abusing you, Johnny. You constantly think you're a victim when people don't immediately agree with you and offer up viewpoints you don't agree with.

I thought this was going to be an attempt at actual discourse, but like every other conversation on the forums you get involved in, it becomes a contest with you moving the goalposts every time somebody comes at you until you give up and cry victim. Historically speaking, I'm sure the next step is to PM about how mean I am.

Enjoy your rooster watching, Johnny. Have a great day!

(Also, I'm glad you Googled "rooster crowing" and regurgitated Wikipedia. Try living/spending time on a farm and you'd realize how wrong you are about roosters.)

Johnny Best

Derby is now seeing patterns on these posts. Is that like Purple Doubledome patterns. I bet Derby is fun at a Chinese take out.
Hey, I can speak Spanish really well. Am I ready for the New World order? Your mother must have watch Star Trex while she was pregnant with you. United Federation of Planets.

KMC

Graphic Artist
ok so lets just make it super easy...
one language, religion, currency.....you cant marry the same colour so everyone in the world starts to look the same
no leap years and no daylight savings
and kill all the roosters

Johnny Best

Nobody is abusing you, Johnny. You constantly think you're a victim when people don't immediately agree with you and offer up viewpoints you don't agree with.

I thought this was going to be an attempt at actual discourse, but like every other conversation on the forums you get involved in, it becomes a contest with you moving the goalposts every time somebody comes at you until you give up and cry victim. Historically speaking, I'm sure the next step is to PM about how mean I am.

Enjoy your rooster watching, Johnny. Have a great day!

(Also, I'm glad you Googled "rooster crowing" and regurgitated Wikipedia. Try living/spending time on a farm and you'd realize how wrong you are about roosters.)

I do not feel a victim at all, you keep bringing that up like "your" and "you are" thing. It's a good byline for you. I just asked at the beginning what the world clock was and you start your thesis on people being beneath you. Lived next to a chicken farm when I was a kid, and grew up in a farming community. You just do not like to argue with someone without you getting the last dig in. Like giving your expertise on parenting the other day about your four-year-old being in time out. Maybe talking it out in a nice way would work better for you and her.
And like you saying in a sarcastic way about spending time on a farm, I had four children and now 7 grand children and never once use the time out crap you talk of. People like you develop right wingers with your "your better than you" ways.
You remind me of the chicken farm, just don't get on the wrong side of it.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Just because I do not agree with you, you do not need to puff up and crow your abuses at me. (article 4 paragraph 6 of the members on S101 attitudes.) Adapt to the situation.

Nice comment. However, I do not see you at all abiding by the 'don't be rude' connotations of that policy. In fact - I see the opposite. And from a lot of you. Yet again...
I'll simply ask that you guys keep it cordial. There's no need for the name-calling and insulting innuendo. Interesting thread this one is ... But if you guys keep up the infantile & insulting behavior - I will close the thread to further commentary.

Thanks,

SignsSupport

Status
Not open for further replies.